INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Queue order malfunctioning  (Read 3336 times)

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
Queue order malfunctioning
« on: September 04, 2017, 09:24:06 am »

Hi all,

I have been using JRiver for at least a few years and never had this problem before.  It started 1-2 weeks ago.  When I have a playlist in the queue whether on the fly or pre-built, it will not heed the order properly.  It plays the first song and usually at least the second and then will generally either repeat the song or go to the beginning of the playlist.  Sometimes, it plays the right song, but sends the Art and track info for the next song to my renderer. I was on the latest build of MC22 when this started and so, I installed the latest build which I had already paid for hoping it would resolve the problem, but it did not.

I am pretty sure it is a JRiver problem because I also had a code for a 60 day trial of Roon and none of this behavior occurs,  That suggests to me that my DAC/media player (Cary Audio DMS-500 if it it matters and network are okay.  I should say I am using DLNA and am hardwired to the Cary Audio DMS-500 renderer.

Any help is appreciated.

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Queue order malfunctioning
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:02:29 am »

Roon doesn't use DLNA it has its own transport RAAT so it's unlikely to interfere

During my Roon trials I have run both in parallel without any issues

Mike

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:49:52 am »

Roon doesn't use DLNA it has its own transport RAAT so it's unlikely to interfere

During my Roon trials I have run both in parallel without any issues

Mike

Thanks for your response.  I guess I may not understand how Roon works.  Of course, the main purpose of posting here is to solve my JRiver problem.  When the problem began, I had not made any hardware or software changes which is what is really weird.  Also, having used JRiver for years, this has never an issue in the past.  I did as I stated, upgrade to MC23 after the problem began hoping there was something in the upgrade that would eliminate the problem, but I had no such luck.  For example, yesterday I had about 10 songs in the queue and it played the first 3 in order and then went to the first song in the queue.  If I select the proper track manually from the queue, it plays.  It also repeated a track the just played when I did not manually select which I have often been doing.  If I have something that needs to play gapless or am attending to other things rather than exclusive listening, this becomes a major issue.

Hopefully, someone has an idea how to troubleshoot this problem.   I should also mention that I did reset the router and the problem continued.

MikeO

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 10:23:26 am »

Sounds daft but in the top right corner of std view there is a random play button , you haven't got it accidentally on ?

Other than that I have never come across a wrong play order. I occasionally see a track skip . Ieplay track 1 then track 3 missing track 2 completely , I have no idea why

Mike

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 11:24:18 am »

See if it happens with local playback on the computer, just to eliminate some DLNA issue as the culprit.  Do you use any remote control methods for playback, like JRemote, Gizmo, Web Player, or an MCE remote?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 06:53:35 pm »

Thanks for the response.

I tried 6 tracks on the computer and it did okay.

Later, I did a queue via jremote for android which has been my go to since its release and on the 3rd track, it was playing the right track, but DAC/media player LED was showing information and album cover for the 4th track.  Then, it repeated the 3rd track.

Later, I viewed the now playing screen on MC23 and when it was showing the wrong track, but playing the correct selected track and the selected track was about a minute longer and when it got past the time on the track it showed as now playing which I think was 3:02, it showed a time that exceeded the track length (i.e., 3:56/3:02).  It also later repeated a track.  The queue in MC23 matched jremote exactly.

Checked that shuffle and repeat are off and that is the case for both jremote and MC23.

Playing Roon for the last approximately hour and the queue is behaving exactly as it should

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 07:02:32 pm »

Try changing the SetNextAVTransport setting on MC's DLNA Server.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 09:26:32 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the advice.  Can you tell me how to find it?  I thought I would find under media network.  If it's there, I have not been able to find it and see no reference on the Wiki page.  Once I can identify where this setting is, I will try and report back.

Thanks again.

FWIW, I prefer JRiver when it's working properly to Roon and it's much more friendly to the budget even with annual upgrades.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 06:21:32 am »

Media Network > DLNA Servers

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 06:41:51 am »

Media Network > DLNA Servers

I don't seem to have that option.  DLNA server is checked, but there is no submenu.  Anyhow, see the attached screenshot:

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 06:42:56 am »

I think it's under Add or Configure DLNA Servers.

There is a search window at the bottom of the options page.

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 10:29:27 am »

To do this, go to Playing Now and find your DLNA renderer's name.  Right click on the renderer and you'll see a small menu that includes this setting.

Brian.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 11:22:48 am »

I think it's under Add or Configure DLNA Servers.

There is a search window at the bottom of the options page.

I did look under Add or Configure DLNA Servers and it was not there and I also tried search and it found no files.  I never considered looking under the renderer as blgentry suggested.  Thank you blgentry.  I will try this out this evening and report back.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 08:06:48 pm »

It looks like the proper menu is DLNA Controller Options and there are 3 options all of which were unchecked for me.  The first choice Ignore Transport Events (use polling mode) appears closest to what Jim posted.  I tried checking all 3 one at a time and the first 2 in combination and it did not change the erratic behavior I have been experiencing.

Any other thoughts?

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 09:00:50 am »

Is there anything else I can try?  This is an essential function for what I purchased the program to do.  It is perplexing that I have used the program for years without ever having this issue and did not make any software or hardware changes that have preceded the problem or changed any settings (at least that I am aware of).

DJLegba

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 09:03:28 am »

Look for networking issues. Try rebooting your router.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 04:57:39 pm »

Look for networking issues. Try rebooting your router.

Thank you, but I have tried that already without success.

somebike

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 01:37:15 pm »

For more bizarre, but obviously better for me.  It was still malfunctioning on Saturday which made almost 2 weeks continuously.  Without any reboots (computer or router), setting changes, software updates or firmware updates, it worked correctly for 3 separate listening sessions yesterday and 1 today, it has worked correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up