INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (tagging in 23.0.41) Am I doing something wrong?  (Read 1329 times)

bMinor

• World Citizen
(tagging in 23.0.41) Am I doing something wrong?
« on: September 09, 2017, 10:12:34 am »

I'm assuming that I should be able to tag fields in the tag action window fluidly from 1 field to the next using 'Tab' without having to hit Return/Enter after ea entry.
After filling my 1st field 'Album' with it's name 'Tab' should enter the typed name and make the cursor active in the next field in line. Instead it fills the field with the 1st title of a list of suggestions with similar names (not what I typed).
Hitting Enter/Return instead correctly fills what I typed but stops the work flow dead in its track until I manually activate the next field with an extra mouse click. That's an extra step after ea field.

I also tag the field 'Country' which requires me to click a checkbox from a list of country names. 'Tab' does not work there at all.

Am I doing something wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: (tagging in 23.0.41) Am I doing something wrong?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:14:50 am »

Try the up or down arrow keys.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: (tagging in 23.0.41) Am I doing something wrong?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:46 am »

I can confirm this behavior.  It happens when the text you type partially matches text that is in this field in the same, or other files.  As you type, it builds a list of candidate text that looks similar.  Pressing tab selects the first candidate.

Pressing the up and down arrows has no effect.  Pressing the right and left arrows moves the cursor within the field.  I've seen this behavior back through version 22.  I'm not sure about previous versions.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up