INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Id Outside  (Read 19674 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Id Outside
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:25:43 pm »

While we were talking about our network capabilities last week, Bob put an Id outside our network.  You can try it.

Please start at this page to experiment with Panel:

http://idtest.jriver.com:52199     login/password:   first/second

or via https:

https://idtest.jriver.com:52200     login/password:   first/second

Use the Settings icon to choose to play locally.  You can also set the quality of streaming.

If several people try this at once, it may hesitate when playing.  It has limited bandwidth.  You can help us out by choosing "Original" in the settings for conversion.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Id Outside
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 09:34:00 pm »

I played with Panel for a while. Google Translate translated the "Mahler: Symphonie No. 1" movement titles!  :D

This is a good idea. Lots of companies put a refreshable demo version of their product up on the internet somewhere. Particularly a read only product like Panel.

The bits took a while to get to Australia, particularly when playing high-quality Classical tracks. But overall Panel was fairly responsive.

That Library could use some curating.  8)
The Library needs some sample images and short videos of different formats, perhaps with the format described on the video. Plus Playlists.

In Audio the controls and progress bar are visible when hovering the mouse over the Cover Art, while on my Windows 10 Mobile Lumia 650 phone I could just tap the Cover Art and controls display.
On a PC selected audio starts playing immediately. Okay. On my phone a black square representing the Cover Art displayed with a Play icon over the top. The Cover Art only displays when I start playback. Not so good.
The maximise Cover Art function never completed on a Win10 PC using Chrome. Worked on phone using Edge. I waited what I thought was a reasonable amount of time, but gave up after about four minutes.
As mentioned elsewhere, there really needs to be a "Back" button next to the "Home" button, even though the back button in a browser works. It could be bigger in the interface and save hunting around at the top of the browser.
It is a bit disappointing that playback stops when I hit back, meaning that I could browse for new media to play while having music play in the background. However, I could open a second browser page to do the browsing. But then if I started playback there I had two files playing at once, all mixed in!
On a PC it's not obvious that clicking the Cover Art Pauses/Plays the file... until you do it. Having the mouse icon change would probably be a good indication. Having a transparent Play icon over a Paused file would also help.
When my phone goes into sleep mode the current track plays until the end, but them playback stops, even though I had selected "Play All". When the phone is woken playback doesn't always resume immediately, I needed to tap the Cover Art, which had the spinning icon on it.
Selecting Radio Button from Panel opens the WebPlayer, which is different to Panel playback. It is also the only place I could find to adjust the audio quality. Clicking the Home button takes you to the WebPlayer home, not back to Panel as expected.
Selecting "Playing Now" takes me to Gizmo, which uses another completely different interface, but remembered what I was playing in WebPlayer.

Anyway, not criticism, just feedback. A more "consolidated" solution, interface, and environment will be great, when you get there.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:15 am »

It's an Id running on a NUC, not a Pi.  My mistake.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 10:39:48 am »

It will be down a bit while I do some work on the library.
Edit: Back up. Added some images, will add some more video...

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 03:56:45 pm »

Played some Bob Marley at home.
Cool idea.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:22:49 pm »

bump

tyler69

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 01:06:52 pm »

Great job, it looks very nice. Functionality is also way better than in MC22.
Two things I noticed when playing with your Panel:
1. it still shouldn't have several pages (1, 2, ...) for the whole library. Coulnd't this be implemented in a way that scrolling on one page would be possible?
2. When I'm in album view, I see the artwork on top and the tracklist below. When i scroll down the tracks, the whole site scrolls down. I think it would be nicer if the artwork would stay on top and overlay the tracks that are being scrolled up.
Question: Is Panel customizable? For example I'd like to not have the pictures item and the light bulb (sorry, forgot the name for it) in the menu. Also, I'd the lower level menus like genre to be customizable (similiar to what one can do for JRemote in MC)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 01:48:15 pm »

For #1, you can set the number of items to display per page.  Click on the settings icon to begin.

tyler69

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 01:57:02 pm »

Nice! Is there a max value?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 02:07:05 pm »

There's one way to find out.

robt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 02:15:21 pm »

Accessed from the UK and working fine. Not sure of the bit rate but audio played fine.

Impressive.

tyler69

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 02:28:08 pm »

There's one way to find out.

Yeah, add more music to the Id ;)..I entered a ridiculously high number and did not get an error message so I assume it will work as expected.
This, DLNA updates and 64bit on windows got me buying a master license using the discount (thanks btw).

teodorom

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 03:48:18 pm »

Please don't tell me that you are abandoning the actual UI to get something similar to Roon (or other things like this) ...
At that point I shall switch to Kodi!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 04:06:03 pm »

Please don't tell me that you are abandoning the actual UI to get something similar to Roon (or other things like this) ...
At that point I shall switch to Kodi!
No idea what you mean.

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 02:00:14 am »

Fiddled about with Id, it's nice! Any chance for an optional sticky alphabet at the top?

teodorom

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 06:00:50 am »

No idea what you mean.
Please don't tell me that you are abandoning the actual UI ...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 06:11:57 am »

If you mean the views within JRiver Media Center, the answer is no.  We are committed to MC.

Panel is an easy to use, touch friendly interface for quick access to media.  You can give it to anyone and they will be able to use it.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 09:09:16 am »

access from Austria - works very fine for me.
Very good idea
Go ahead
Wake up and slow down 😴

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 03:47:11 pm »

This is a good idea. Lots of companies put a refreshable demo version of their product up on the internet somewhere. Particularly a read only product like Panel.

Agreed - but... I didn't click the buttons, it appears we can shut it down :)  Not exactly read-only.  It would be really nice to have a read-only version of Panel to put on tablets/ old phones throughout a house that let people control things without giving them full authorization.  Perhaps the ability to "secure" sections of Panel and locking certain devices to certain zones.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 08:57:36 am »

Agreed - but... I didn't click the buttons, it appears we can shut it down :)  Not exactly read-only.  It would be really nice to have a read-only version of Panel to put on tablets/ old phones throughout a house that let people control things without giving them full authorization.  Perhaps the ability to "secure" sections of Panel and locking certain devices to certain zones.
The scripts connected to the shutdown, etc have been disabled.
The connection to the demo machine is authenticated but is read-only so it should be safe to do whatever with it.
If it gets messed up somehow, we learn something ;)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 09:04:04 am »

The scripts connected to the shutdown, etc have been disabled.
The connection to the demo machine is authenticated but is read-only so it should be safe to do whatever with it.
If it gets messed up somehow, we learn something ;)
Happens every day.

nuvira

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 05:10:54 pm »

Android Gizmo works fine for me with Phone or Tablet. Any particular reason to own Id ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2017, 05:14:07 pm »

It's described here:
http://www.jriver.com/Id

mx4789

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 08:16:48 am »

FWIW, I've noticed that web gizmo and panel don't work with Firefox (using adblock plus). The page(s) load and everything, but the playback doesn't start. Not sure if it's the Adblock add on or Firefox itself, but it's the same at home on Linux Mint/Firefox and work on Win7/Firefox (both running Adblock Plus). Although, it does work just fine using Chrome and Adblock, however that's not exactly comparing apples to apples.

<edit>I forgot to mention that Firefox is also set to GIF=run once, AUTOPLAY=disabled and a couple of other "quality of life" settings that make web browsing much more enjoyable. I found that if you turn off GIF's entirely it interferes with captchas and other items.</edit>

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 10:21:08 am »

The Autoplay Disabled setting might be causing the problem.

galtfrog

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 11:37:07 am »

Panel is nice, but seems pretty basic. I didn't find a listing by Tracks, which would show all the tracks. I could live without that, I guess; but not random or repeat buttons. I generally play all my tracks randomly or all tracks in a genre randomly.  Finally, I'd like to be able to select multiple albums, genre, etc.
Thanks for continuing to innovate!
Bill

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 11:40:38 am »

There's a button in the upper right for Playing Now.

We may add random and repeat buttons, but you can play any playlists that way, or save playlists as Car Radio and find them under Radio in Panel.

casper3127

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 02:39:44 pm »

Hi,

Trying to log in from an Android 6.0 tablet with no success...

Could anyone help me?

Thx in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 02:46:15 pm »

Something broke. Sorry.  I was able to log in eventually.

casper3127

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 08:03:48 am »

Tried this afternoon 15:00 CET and still cannot get in.

Thx anyway in advance for your help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2018, 09:05:38 am »

Tried this afternoon 15:00 CET and still cannot get in.

Thx anyway in advance for your help.
Can you try now?
Just fixed the cert.
It works for me.

casper3127

• Recent member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2018, 01:24:09 pm »

Awesome Bob!!!

Thank you so much & warm greetings from Spain.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2018, 01:31:28 pm »

Awesome Bob!!!

Thank you so much & warm greetings from Spain.
You're welcome!

It's raining ice here!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2018, 08:20:05 am »

I can't seem to connect to the https link in my browsers (refusing to connect).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 12:38:33 pm »

I can't seem to connect to the https link in my browsers (refusing to connect).
It's fixed now, I messed it up with an update.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 03:01:32 pm »

It's fixed now, I messed it up with an update.

I've been PM'ing with cncb trying to get my server to respond properly using TLS to the MO 4Media app.  He is able to connect to the Pi Outside and pull media, which I can't do when connected to my server.  I tested the two SSL setups side by side and see the following line in my address (on port 52200) that is not on the Pi's address:

Intermediate certificate is not provided by the server.

When I run this test against my actual webserver on port 443, I do not get that error and get an A+ rating from SSL Labs.  How are you serving the intermediate certificate from JRiver?  Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »

I've been PM'ing with cncb trying to get my server to respond properly using TLS to the MO 4Media app.  He is able to connect to the Pi Outside and pull media, which I can't do when connected to my server.  I tested the two SSL setups side by side and see the following line in my address (on port 52200) that is not on the Pi's address:

Intermediate certificate is not provided by the server.

When I run this test against my actual webserver on port 443, I do not get that error and get an A+ rating from SSL Labs.  How are you serving the intermediate certificate from JRiver?  Thanks!
It's a letsencrypt cert we are using the fullchain.pem that includes the intermediate cert.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 03:14:16 pm »

It's a letsencrypt cert we are using the fullchain.pem that includes the intermediate cert.

I just realized I had loaded just my cert.pem and not the fullchain.  I swapped it over and was testing while you responded.  That seemed to be my flaw.  Thanks!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2021, 08:56:51 am »

Is the idtest server still available?  I cannot seem to access it (This site can’t be reached.  idtest.jriver.com took too long to respond.). Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2021, 09:26:46 am »

Is the idtest server still available?  I cannot seem to access it (This site can’t be reached.  idtest.jriver.com took too long to respond.). Thanks.
It's not up right now. Did you need it for something?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2021, 09:14:48 pm »

It's not up right now. Did you need it for something?

My new ISP does not allow port forwarding so I won't be able to provide a test server for Google when they review my app.  Jim gave me permission a while ago to have them use idtest, but are you no longer maintaining this server?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2021, 10:18:06 pm »

My new ISP does not allow port forwarding so I won't be able to provide a test server for Google when they review my app.  Jim gave me permission a while ago to have them use idtest, but are you no longer maintaining this server?
I can bring it back up but it won't happen until Thursday.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2021, 06:17:48 am »

I can bring it back up but it won't happen until Thursday.

Thanks.  Let me know if you don't want to be running it anymore and I will figure something else out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up