INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files not being found with Auto-Import  (Read 1750 times)

ipta

• Recent member
Files not being found with Auto-Import
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:34:48 pm »

Running Auto-Import doesn't detect all of my media.

I have a Mac mini running Media Center 23.0.41. It mounts my library with SMB/CIFS from my Synology NAS. Auto-import is configured to only import Audio files, not analyze audio, and update for external changes. I've noticed that after it completes I'm missing albums from my library.

I can manually import them using Tools > Import > Import a single folder and specifying the artist folder with the missing albums (my music is organized Artist/Album_Name). This doesn't seem to work if I "import single folder" the same folder that I select for Auto-Import (/Volumes/music).

How do I get auto-import to include all of my media when importing?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Files not being found with Auto-Import
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »

Check if you have the problem discussed in this thread first: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112178.0.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

ipta

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 02:05:54 pm »

It actually looks like the issue is a case sensitivity one.

If I have 2 folders 'Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' and 'Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers' only 1 of the folders will be imported. I've merged my folders to solve the problem in the short-term but it'd be nice if there was a way to have auto import treat both folders individually since that's what the file system is doing.

Is there a setting to achieve this?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 02:08:43 pm »

It actually looks like the issue is a case sensitivity one.

If I have 2 folders 'Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' and 'Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers' only 1 of the folders will be imported. I've merged my folders to solve the problem in the short-term but it'd be nice if there was a way to have auto import treat both folders individually since that's what the file system is doing.

Is there a setting to achieve this?
You are running a case sensitive OSX filesystem?

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 02:21:08 pm »

A few web searches seem to indicate that SMB shares, when mounted on Mac OS X, are not treated as case sensitive.  In other words, OS X ignores case sensitivity on these shares.

If you're going to use SMB, it sounds like you need to have non-overlapping names with respect to CaSE.

Brian.

ipta

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 05:01:48 pm »

The system that's creating the folders is Linux (and uploaded via FTP) onto ext4 so that must be where the issue is. I will just have to be more careful.

Thanks

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 05:05:13 pm »

Maybe consider using the Mac to create the music files.  Assuming you are ripping it from CD.  XLD does an excellent job of ripping CDs on a Mac.  Just a thought.  Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up