INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.208 beta available  (Read 10569 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.208 beta available
« on: June 27, 2003, 12:21:12 pm »

Please read VERY carefully. This is a BETA version of 9.1.  If you expect things to work, please download the latest 9.0 build from this thread:      

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=di splay;num=1054751628

but if you're patient and willing to help us work out some of the bugs, you can download 9.1 here (recommended for experts only):      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91208.exe

(backup your library before installing)    

Please report any 9.1 problems in this thread.  Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.      

History:
1. Fixed: Library panes wouldn't select an item unless the text was clicked on.
2. Fixed: Library panes would show horizontal scroll bars in some cases.
3. Fixed: Deleting non-imported files from Playing Now could crash MC.
4. Changed: MC displays "Media Center / Stopped" in the player bar whenever it is stopped.
5. Changed: Find Music (Ctrl+F) wouldn't reset the selection if you were already in Media Library.
6. Fixed: MC would start playing if you changed position of a song while it was paused.
7. Fixed: Playlist based view schemes weren't showing Smartlists.
8. Fixed: "Quick Tagging" would't gracefully handle Playlist Groups and Smartlists -- neither of which can have files added to them.
9. Fixed: "Missing" file icons was still being used in Handheld views.
10. Changed: Location and playlist based browser panes have more helpful header text.
11. NEW: Added multiple modes for display info (click to switch, right click to configure)
12. Fixed: The horizontal scroll bar in a smartlist view would not show up.
13. NEW: Added Enable and Pressed state processing for toolbar buttons.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
Re: Media Center 9.0.208 beta available
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 12:30:36 pm »

Nikolay, there's probably an error in the subject text of this thread. Is that 9.0.208 or 9.1.208?

----
Listening to: 'Nightfall' from 'Nocturne' by 'Charlie Haden' on Media Center 9.0

221bBS

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 12:45:59 pm »

• While using list-type field, I can't seem to use the grouping level feature in the column properties. Well I can use it but it does nothing.[6/24/2003]
  • In the PLAYER BAR the TRACK POSITION SLIDER does not work. Clicking a different position or dragging it to a different position does nothing.[6/27/2003]
  • In PLAYING NOW view the highlight (focus) use to keep the focus on the current playing track. It no longer does this. [6/27/2003]
  • MC will only show itself if it is maximized. Trying to resize the window make MC dissappear. I have to right-click the taskbar and maximize to have MC show again. [6/26/2003]

Could Artist possibly be made a list type field?  Or at least have the option that it could be changed to one if someone wanted??

Adam

This would be nice to have also

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 12:46:15 pm »

Found one big problem.  Something is wrong around data base engine.  A mp3 file having following file name is not playable in MC9.0 and MC9.1.  3 digits numer in below is octal number.  I guess MC9 is using one or few of following characters as its data base separator...   :'(

Please fix this as soon as possible.

File name is:
 201   i 222 264 216 236 213 363 227   v 215 307 203   } 203   N 203 215 203   X 203 244 201   ^   E   D   2 201   j 226 361 221 251 201   o 212   } 214 264 215   O 216   q 201   p   .   m   p   3  

And bugs I reported below are all open.

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1055971488;start=0#11

221bBS

Re: Media Center 9.1.208 beta available
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 12:54:43 pm »

4. Changed: MC displays "Media Center / Stopped" in the player bar whenever it is stopped.

I do not get this message...I get the following

MEDIA CENTER

-Zone 1
[/b]

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 01:12:52 pm »

A mp3 file having following file name is not playable in MC9.0 and MC9.1.  3 digits numer in below is octal number.  I guess MC9 is using one or few of following characters as its data base separator...

There are no "unsafe" characters in MC 9.x

There must be some other bug.  Any chance you could save the filename in a text file (Unicode if necessary) and email it to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Thanks for helping.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 01:22:35 pm »

New Display Window is excellent! Current zone is properly displayed, current library also. Thank you!

The only item missing: If you play music and run a slide show simultaneously, then only music title is displayed, no image titles can be displayed. In this case it would be nice to use the alternative display for images.

So it needs some media type dependency!

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 01:22:59 pm »

11. NEW: Added multiple modes for display info (click to switch, right click to configure)

WOW !!!
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2003, 02:03:28 pm »

"You left the track naming template blank.  The default template will be used."
Doesnt matter what I put in the File Naming & Location rules, I still get the same warning!

RemyJ

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2003, 02:54:14 pm »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    You can no longer click on the position slider or drag the position slider thumb to seek.  Clicking on the slider simply change from Play Mode (Main) to Play Mode (Alternative) and back.  If you try to drag the thumb it just snaps back to where it was.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: High
    Switching libraries usually causes MC to crash

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/19  Priority: High
    Double clicking on entries in the view lists does a 'Play' removing the existing entries instead of respecting the setting in General, Behavior.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/17  Priority: High
    Changing view between details and thumbnails resets the selection listboxes to '<all>'.  In the case of location based views, the view is reseet to the root.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: High
    'Recently Playing Now's' are multiplying like rabbits and they confuse the drop target.  Update: They're not confusing the drop target anymore but they're still multiplying.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/23  Priority: Medium
    Can't import m3/mpl playlists.  The import dialog box comes reports 1 files scanned but 0 imported.  They play fine.  

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Medium
    If you do a 'Make all views like current' views that aren't even in the current library are reset.  OK, I know it does say 'all' but even views that aren't even in the current tree?

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    If you rename a standard column the change isn't propogated to the new listbox column headers or selection menus.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/16  Priority: Medium
    View Filter button doesn't save its state.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: Low
    View schemes based on location don't work via Media Server.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2003, 03:13:51 pm »

First reported 26/06/03
Priority: HIGH
Panes to the right no longer reset.  I understand this wasn't popular with everyone but for some view schemes it is essential.  Please could it be made an option on a per view scheme level

First reported 26/06/03
Now have to click excatly on the text in panes view rather than in the area in general.  This is not good especially if the text is just a number.  In previous builds the whole of the area surrounding the text was clickable.  If you try to click the area too many times MC crashes with a Media Core error

First reported 26/06/03
Priority: Medium
Options screen always gives an error on confirm saying You left the track naming template blank.  Using default template.  This is even when nothing has been changed...

First reported 26/06/03
Changing a list style resets panes  

First reported 26/06/03
Direct X Host plugins can't be switched on again.  This was fixed a few builds ago.

First reported: 23/06/03  
Ststus: Appears to be fixed :)
Priority: Medium to High
Visualizations appear to pause for 1/2 a second every 5 seconds.  Happens on all visuals inc. 3d.  This has nothing to do with other apps as was suggested in previous thread as I have only MC, Iexplorer and explorer running...

First Reported: 16/06/03      
5-10 second lag when playing first track.  This only happens with the first track after MC has started. Still there for music files.  Not for image playback - I think this is MCs auto volume optimisation as when I turned this off the wait was a lot less.  Seems to wanna fire up my CD ROM when this is set to on and tkaes ages...

First Reported: 18/06/03      
There is no longer a button in props to apply changes.  You can click to a new item but this isn't as elegant as it was with a button    

First reported: 23/06/03    
Ststus: Fixed  
List styles can no longer be changed in either tree view or panes view.  Stuck on automatic.

First Reported: 16/06/03  
Clicking on taskbar icon does not minimize/restore. This is standard windows behaviour  

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2003, 03:16:12 pm »

I get this error message when leaving the "Tools...", "Options..." section:

What's the deal?

Wobbley

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2003, 03:29:25 pm »

I still have to fight to change tag properties. When there's only one item showing when you select an artist/album (auto) and then change the tag, it doesn't change the tag when the focus changes. If I see properties in the properties window, and change them, I should be able to expect those changes to actually be applied, or I should see something in the properties window that says that changes WON'T be applied.

(There are other places where the properties window shows tag info but doesn't save changes to the info when the focus changes... please make an APPLY button so we can control when the properties are changed.)
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2003, 03:37:15 pm »

Did you guys switch the DSP back? Choosing 4 speaker isn't working again, but the 2 channel (stereo) is. ?

EDIT: Also, the position slider won't work, it just changes the display from with artist to without artist.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2003, 04:24:26 pm »

"Changing the list style resets the panes"

How many times and by how many people must this be posted before it gets a response?

jzollo66

• myPod 30GB
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2003, 05:29:13 pm »

When I sync with the iPod, for some reason none of my artist information transfers over, the album info stays in tact, but the artists are completely gone.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2003, 05:33:57 pm »

When I sync with the iPod, for some reason none of my artist information transfers over, the album info stays in tact, but the artists are completely gone.

When you right-click on the iPod, check the bottom of the popup menu, you should see an option to "select Artist field"

Try modifying this setting to "Artist" and when you sync, your info should be there.

jzollo66

• myPod 30GB
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 05:40:05 pm »

Thanks JC, boy do I feel stupid!  :-[

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2003, 06:15:04 pm »

My hats off to you!!

All my problems with MC9 were fixed on this build--tags work and are saved, Media server is working again, playback issues and crashing all fixed...Don't know if these were specifically addressed, but it is working with windows ME just fine.

BTW, is there anyway to get the quicktag to work while in playlist?  It works when I am in my "media library", but it's greyed out and nonfunctional if I try to use it in a playlist....

Thanks again--9.1 is truly awesome!!

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2003, 06:21:28 pm »

Thanks JC, boy do I feel stupid!  :-[

No reason to feel stupid ... we're all here to help out. I'm sure you'll return the favor to me (or someone else).

Enjoy!

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2003, 07:13:39 pm »

When restarting MC9, if you first go to Playlist and then click on Play, it'll start from where you left off before quiting.

If you click on Play without going to Playlist, it'll forget where you were and start with the first song in the current playlist.

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2003, 07:42:18 pm »

From the 9.1.207 feature list:
3. New: Added "Remove Duplicates" command to playlist right-click. (tree and list right click)
4. NEW: Added "Send To->Play->Remove" command to remove selected tracks from Playing Now.

JRiver, Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! This is just what I requested recently in the plug-in developer forum. Of course, you'll add Automation SDK methods for these, right?

Small problem: If the currently-playing track in Playing Now has a duplicate, it is not removed.

Finally, in the .207 thread, Doof wrote:
When did we get the ability to add duplicate entries to playlists?

Duplicates are allowed in the Playing Now list, making this a very useful feature!  You're right about ordinary playlists, though, so it probably shouldn't be in the right-click menu for them.

Thanks again, JRiver, for making the best music product ever!

Soundman

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2003, 09:50:51 pm »

I still cannot minimize MC9 by simple LEFT-click of MC9 in task bar.  This is a regular manner of Windows applications.

This was fixed.  I just haven't noticed it.  Thanks.

BTW, I sent an email regarding to filename problem described above.  Hope it helps you guys.   :)

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2003, 02:56:28 am »

Sorry if it could be already reported:

If I do a search in Media Library and then I go to Play Now or other objects in the tree, when return to Media Library it doesn't remember my search.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2003, 04:23:47 am »

From the 9.1.207 feature list:Duplicates are allowed in the Playing Now list, making this a very useful feature!  You're right about ordinary playlists, though, so it probably shouldn't be in the right-click menu for them.

Try it, though... We can now add duplicates to playlists. I knew we always could to Playing Now, but somewhere along the way, they slipped that ability into playlists as well. I was just wondering when that happened.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2003, 04:32:49 am »

I noticed I had a file in an album that for some reason didn't have its track # filled out. I decided to try out YADB to see if it would fill that in for me. So I gave it a try. MC got information from YADB and proceeded to change the Album name for that track, and still didn't fill in the track #.

Shouldn't MC check the Album information that's already in there before just willy-nilly picking another one on its own? And if it finds either a duplicate possibility or a match that's different than what's there, prompt the user for what to do?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2003, 04:48:05 am »

Here are some requests\bugs left over from the 9 Beta.

CUE sheet creation. (so I can finally ditch EAC altogether)

Album Gain or something similiar so that if I forget to turn Replay Gain off on an album, I don't get weird jumps in volume from tracks that blend into each other.

A more intuitive Search\Smartlist Wizard. You've borrowed iTunes' interface, why not their search wizard? I wouldn't think that something like that would take too too long to whip up. The search capabilities are already in place. It's just the presentation that needs some sprucing up.

More intelligent media type handling. It's been said many times... images don't have a bitrate or BPM, and music files don't have dimensions.

Is it at all possible to fix that thumbnail selection bug now that you're no longer under MS' constraints?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2003, 05:02:02 am »

Here are the steps I took:

I had no files selected.
I opened File Properties and went to the Image tab.
I clicked on Tools and chose Select Scanner.
I chose my digital camera from the list.
I clicked on Tools and chose Get From Scanner.

MC popped up a box asking me to select which pictures I wanted. (Suggestion: This box should have checkboxes next to each thumbnail and a Select All & Clear All buttons, much like MS's Camera and Scanner Wizard. Holding down Ctrl & Shift to select here isn't very user friendly.) I selected all of the pictures and clicked OK.

MC then went through the motions of grabbing all the photos off of my digital camera.

My Question:

What exactly did I accomplish here? In my mind, I transferred files from the digital camera to my computer, and automatically imported them into my Media Library. However, I was never asked about where to put them, or what to call them, or anything. And they are nowhere to be found.

So what exactly was supposed to happen?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2003, 05:17:15 am »

I was just thinking... now that MC's icons are starting to really provide some nice and useful information (like if an entry is orphaned), it would be nice if we could sort by that somehow.

MS Outlook has a seperate field for the priority and flag icons, so you can sort by these.

Wouldn't it be nice if MC had a seperate column for the icon, so we could, in effect, not show the Media Type column, and just sort by the icon if we wanted? Or sort it so that we can quickly locate all of the orphaned entries?

Just a though. Hardly a high priority wish or anything.

dmbfan36

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2003, 06:52:13 am »

• In the PLAYER BAR the TRACK POSITION SLIDER does not work. Clicking a different position or dragging it to a different position does nothing.[6/27/2003]

I'm also having this problem... can't seem to seek thru WAV files...  also whenever you click a position in the slider bar the file info cycles (from Time Elapsed to Time Remaining)... the same effect you get when you click on the actual song name.... not sure if this is supposed to happen when using the slider, personally I don't think it should...

dragyn

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2003, 07:40:14 am »

Excluded playlists in a view scheme are not being filtered when using 'album thumbnails'. Files will be added to 'Playing Now' that don't exist in the view scheme.

In addition, playlists (groups /w smartlists) used in view schemes are not being treated seperate when using 'album thumbnails'. Mainly for files with internal and external cover art.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2003, 04:03:25 pm »

How many times and by how many people must this be posted before it gets a response?

Sorry, but we can't respond to every bug report.  That doesn't mean we aren't listening or don't care.

That's why we post this with each build: Keep a list of problems and if they aren't fixed in the next build, please post the list again.

Thanks for your patience.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2003, 04:26:52 pm »

Unable to run this build or 207 on my Thinkpad T30.  It will do a fresh library import and then immediately produces a MediaCore error and MC crashes.  Subsequent attempts to reopen MC result in an immediate crash.  (I had similar problems with my desktop but finally got MC to run after restoring an earlier build and running the 208 install program again.)I've cleaned the registry and imported a different library than installed on the desktop.  Since I don't have an earlier build of 9.1 on my laptop, I've installed 9.0 and it's running fine.

Shelly

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1797 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Update 6/29/03

I was able to download 9.1.207 and upgrade 9.0 on my laptop.  Following that I successfully upgraded to build 208 and it's able to run.  I see the bug as not being able to do a new install with this build or a direct upgrade from 9.0.

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2003, 04:43:07 pm »

Hi,

Thank you for fixing the scrollbars.  But now the mp3 file no longer forward or rewind when moving the slider.

Also, when using 2 ZONE, can't tell which zone anymore.

LonWar

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2003, 06:15:58 pm »

Analizing Audio,

Intermitently, it will analyxe one track and then show errors for others.

You have to restart to finish analyzing
-

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2003, 06:21:35 pm »

OPEN First reported 26/06/03
In the tools > options dialog, the scrollable icon list to the left has a scrollbar that doesn't scroll smoothly. When you click the bar and drag downwards, there is a jump and flicker as it appears to display the OS default bar for a few moments, then redraws with the skinned bar.

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2003, 09:00:57 pm »

On Jun 27th, 2003, 10:42pm, Soundman wrote: Duplicates are allowed in the Playing Now list, making this a very useful feature!  You're right about ordinary playlists, though, so it probably shouldn't be in the right-click menu for them.

Then Doof replied:
Try it, though... We can now add duplicates to playlists. I knew we always could to Playing Now, but somewhere along the way, they slipped that ability into playlists as well. I was just wondering when that happened.

Woa!  You're right!  I know that dupes in playliists were not allowed in 9.0.180 (just tried it 2 nights ago), so I suppose it came with the database reorg in 9.1.xxx.  I don't think I would ever want dupes because I use playlists more as boolean properties for each song rather than actual ordered lists.  I can see how some people who use playlists differently could want it, though.

I'm just glad for the Remove Dupes feature, especially for Playing Now list.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2003, 09:27:47 am »

Hi,

Thanks a lot, you fixed the display of current library and zone in a very smart way ! Any chance we can get [Composer] among the many display info choices ?

thanks again,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2003, 10:26:54 am »

MC isn't showing the Library in the Display Window if it's the Default library.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2003, 02:26:44 pm »

KnickelBug #1 - NEW
Position slider does not take over position after dragging or clicking a different position - it just flips back to current playback position.

KnickelBug #2 - NEW
MC does not use no more the customized toolbar images in the skin folders - it always uses the standard toolbar images from "Default Art" folder.

KnickelBug #3 - NEW
Although everything is set, after clicking "OK" in the options dialog the following message appears: "You left the track naming template blank. The default template will be used."

KnickelBug #4 - NEW
If "Album Thumbnails" is selected as list style and a single album is selected, there should be a thumbnail for every track of that album.

KnickelBug #5
Renamed custom fields still are shown as "Custom 1", "Custom 2", "Custom 3" in the library pane "headlines".

KnickelBug #6
"TRACKINFO_INSERT_YEAR" does not return a value for the track info templates.

KnickelBug #7
Using the "Search" image from the <PLAYERBAR> section as background for all searchbars looks ugly and cuts off the first letter of search string .

KnickelBug #8
Target bar and location toolbar should be drawn one or two pixels higher to allow better centered icons and text.

kx3

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2003, 03:17:15 pm »

::) SOME PROBLEMS ::)

I found these problem , it might be that some of them were postd .

1. The icons in the  bottom are disapeare when my mouse is over them.

2. It is impossible doing right click on my library if the selected is playing now, what i mean is that when i do right click , there is the small window for a moment and then disapeare because of the load of my library

3. the middle button of the mouse doesn't work in the media library

4. when i write i the search field ( media library or playing now ) the first letter is not apear.

;D that is hwat i remember now
HAVE FUN all of you

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2003, 06:27:55 pm »

I can't import new files.  It always says how many were seaarched and 0 were imported, but they are not in MC before the attempted import.  The only way I can get them into MC is to right-click them in Windows Explorer and "Add To playing Now".

Wobbley

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2003, 01:39:31 am »

after a very quick look at this new feature I previously said:
Any chance we can get [Composer] among the many display info choices ?

Just tried my luck by manually entering  a display setting such as "[Name] ([Composer)]" and... IT WORKS !!
It also works with all my custom fields.

Thanks a lot guys, you're the best !!

Christian

Now playing Happy (Jagger / Richards)
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2003, 01:59:50 am »

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: Medium
    When the library name is set to Default the library name doesn't appear in the display window.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/06/30  Priority: High
    The progress bar in the display window cannot be used to change the play position. After moving the slider and releasing the mouse playback continues from the same point as before.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: High
    When you change the list style, pane filtering is reset.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/27  Priority: Medium
    When MC starts up with the start location set to a view scheme, the view scheme's tree is automatically expanded. This ignores the 'Auto Expand Tree' option.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/26  Priority: High
    Browse by Locations doesn&#8217;t work correctly. If I browse to a folder containing sub-folders I am only able to see tracks if I select <all>. If I select a sub-folder no tracks are displayed and I am unable to browse into the sub-folder.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/25  Priority: Low
    Surfin' Juke appears on the task bar icon for the Confirm Action, Downloading plugin and Information dialogs.

The Month and Date are not read from images where the EXIF date is set to 2002:01:01 00:00:00. The Date(month) and Date(day) are both listed as unassigned. This date was set on a number of photos from a colleague's camera where he had changed the battery and forgot to set the clock. Update: MC9.1 incorrectly displays the EXIF date in the Format window as 2002 when other software correctly reports it as 2002:01:01 00:00:00.

When you first view the Extended file info only Album Artist, Composer, Image File, Keywords, Lyrics and Notes are displayed. You can only get the other Extended fields to appear by changing the bottom left pane to a different view then back to File Info.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/06/18  Priority: High
    When you add a new value to a tag using the File Info pane, the top pane does not update to show that value. For example, I added Phil in the People field and this did not automatically appear in the People column. I had to switch to a different view scheme and go back to the original view scheme for the update to be displayed.

LonWar

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2003, 03:28:27 am »

Analizing Audio,

Intermitently, it will analyxe one track and then show errors for others.

You have to restart to finish analyzing

If you turn your screensaver off (or don't allow it to start) when you are analyzing music it will run fine.
-

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2003, 07:02:15 am »

I have had 2 issues with Media Server, which have existed for several builds of the 9.1 beta:

1) Custom View Schemes are not shown on TiVo when using Media Server.  Only a set of 4 default views are ever provdied, regardless of changes to the library.

2) Within Media Server, if you click file->stop sharing and then hit file->share (to presumably have media server reflect any new changes to the library), Media Server consistently crashes with "Media Server.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows."  You can restart it and it seems to work fine, but you can't stop/start it from within the program.

-J

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2003, 10:10:11 am »

What exactly did I accomplish here? In my mind, I transferred files from the digital camera to my computer, and automatically imported them into my Media Library. However, I was never asked about where to put them, or what to call them, or anything. And they are nowhere to be found.

So what exactly was supposed to happen?

Doof, the "Image" pane is for the cover art of the files you've selected.  So you're saying "use the picture from my camera as the cover art."

Use "File->Aquire Images..." to do what you're hoping for.

We need to make this more intuitive.  Anyone have any ideas?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2003, 10:19:23 am »

Well, for starts, I'd say disable this feature altogether when no files are selected.

Secondly, don't allow multiple images to be selected from a camera to be added as cover art. :P

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2003, 10:24:25 am »

I just checked out the Aquire Images function.

One suggestion... Allow an Album name to be input, that is used by MC as a subfolder to put the pictures in (that way we can specify the My Pictures folder just once), is entered into the file's tags (to save us some work), and is automatically used in the filename (ie. ALBUM_001.jpg, etc.).

It actually might be nice to allow us to enter some other information here, like Artist or some of the other image-only fields, so they're entered automatically at Aquire time.

Also... wasn't MC supposed to detect the user folders (My Music, My Pictures) automatically now? Mine defaulted to C:\My Pictures instead of C:\Documents and Settings\Doof\My Documents\My Pictures.

ssamadhi97

• Recent member
  • in_shn dev
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2003, 10:42:31 am »

What The F**K ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up