INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LCDWriter for MC23 x64  (Read 3685 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
LCDWriter for MC23 x64
« on: September 17, 2017, 06:30:42 am »

Hi Folks,

I have used the excellent LCDwriter https://babgvant.com/files/folders/lcdwriter/default.aspx with my Moncaso 320 VFD display and JRiver MC. This has worked flawlessley for years however last night I installed the new 64 bit version of MC23 and unfortunately the plugin no longer works.

LCDwriter has 2 dll files, Interop.MediaCenter.dll version 1.0.0.0 dated 14/10/2011 with a size of 36.0 KB. The other dll is called JriverMediaCenterStatus.dll version   1.0.0.0 dated 31/01/2013 with a size of 20.5 KB.

I've tried posting on Andy's forum and also emailing him but both failed to send so I suspect he isn't developing anymore. The source code is available for the plugin at http://svn.code.sf.net/p/babgvant/code/JriverMediaCenterAddin/.

JimH mentioned in another post about the 64 bit versions of MC requiring 64 bit versions of the plugin.

Does anyone know of a solution to get this working for me please or know of an alternative. LCDsmartie isn't as nice and it does not work with the hardware volume or buttons on the case.

Thanks ever so much.

John

Inquisition

• World Citizen
Re: LCDWriter for MC23 x64
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 05:35:00 pm »

There is a 64Bit Version of LCD Writer.

Have you tried it, does it also not work?
My English is not perfect, so be merciful with me

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »

There is a 64Bit Version of LCD Writer.

Have you tried it, does it also not work?
Hi,

I'm currently using the 64 bit version of LCDWriter and it still doesn't work with the 64 bit version of MC23. Works fine for 32 but MC23.

John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:47:57 pm »

It may not be 64 bit then.  MC 32 bit shouldn't work with a 64 bit plug-in or driver, as far as I know.

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 02:40:10 am »

Hi Jim,

I'm using the 64 bit version of LCDWriter and have done for years since my OS is 64 bit. I don't and have never needed to install anything into the JRiver plugins folder as the program just works. I think it's actually looking and targeting the MC program in memory via it's guid.

I've downloaded the source code and will have a good play with it at the weekend and see if I can resolve it and if so will report back so others can use it if needed.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up