INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote shows wrong track listing for album playing - see picture  (Read 3004 times)

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen

I'm using JRemote on an iPad to control MC23 on a Windows 10 PC.

When I finish playing one album and start playing another, and when I switch to the black "now playing" screen, I always find that JRemote is continuing to display the track listing from the previous album even though it is now playing the tracks from the new album.

See the following picture.

[Edit: I am going to post a new picture in the next post.]

The track listing on the left eventually corrects itself when playback reaches track 2.

Any ideas?

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote shows wrong track listing for album playing - see picture
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:58 am »

I haven't had a reply so I'm going to try again with a new explanation and a new picture.

When I finish playing an album in JRemote, and then start playing a new album, JRemote continues to show the track listing for the previous album.

Please see the following picture. I have just finished playing Sgt. Pepper and I have now switched to Wagner's "Das Rheingold". I press play and the Wagner album starts to play. But as you can see, the track listing on the left is still showing Sgt. Pepper.

It eventually fixes itself when playback moves on to the next track. Or I can force it to fix itself by pressing the Action button at the top of the screen and then selecting "Reload Now Playing".

Please can anyone help? 

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 12:29:40 pm »

At the top of the JRemote screen, hit the button Action and select Reload Playlist..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 01:09:17 pm »

Yes, thank you, that corrects the playlist (as I said at the end of my OP) but it doesn't stop the fault occurring in the first place.

I think it may be caused by ZoneSwitch - I have a theory that the process of reading the first file to determine the correct zone interferes with JRemote's ability to load the file correctly.

This doesn't happen on my other PC which doesn't use ZoneSwitch.

I will test this theory tomorrow because I don't have access at the moment.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »

I have found the cause of the problem - it's ZoneSwitch. The fault only occurs when ZoneSwitch is enabled - if you disable ZoneSwitch, JRemote works properly.

My guess is that ZoneSwitch is preventing JRemote from reading the first file in an album or playlist and this prevents JRemote from loading the album or playlist properly.

This ought to be in the main forum really because it's a ZoneSwitch bug, not a JRemote bug. I'll see if it gets any attention here and if not, I'll start a thread in the main forum.

DJLegba

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 04:40:08 pm »

Happens to me routinely with the Android version of JRemote and I don't use zone switch.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 03:32:38 pm »

I don't know about the Android version but I think my problem, using iOS Version 3.22 of JRemote on an iPad 3, is definitely related to zones. I have two zones set up on my MC23 on my Windows 10 PC - one for multichannel playback and one for stereo. This problem only occurs when ZoneSwitch is enabled for these zones and it also seems to be connected to the JRemote setting "App follows server zone changes".

If I use this same iPad with a different PC with no zones enabled, I do not have this problem.

Any help?   

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 05:16:32 am »

With more tests I've determined that this always happens with ZoneSwitch enabled and never happens with ZoneSwitch disabled. So I think it's a ZoneSwitch issue and I've started a topic in the main MC23 forum:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112723.0.html

bobsilver

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 12:47:20 pm »

I have the same issue where Now Playing does not update unless I change tracks or do a manual reload of now playing.  I have toggled the App follows zone changes and the Server follows app zone changes.  No improvement. Is this the Zone Switch you are referring to?   

I’ve had this issue with MC23 and MC24. 

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 01:36:14 pm »

No, ZoneSwitch isn't a JRemote feature, it's a feature in MC itself whereby you can have MC automatically switch from one zone to another depending on what kind of file is playing. For example, you can have stereo files play through one set of settings ("Zone 1") and multichannel files play through another set of settings ("Zone 2") and ZoneSwitch will automatically read the file as it's loading then select the correct zone. My theory is that this reading gets in the way of JRemote reading and loading the correct track listing.

bobsilver

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 07:07:57 pm »

After I posted my reply I did find Zone Switch on the MC app.  It was off.  I tried switching it on and off.  And tried it both ways. No change in the now playing tracks updating.  Still requires a track switch or a manual reload to get it to refresh.  Anything else I should try?  Is your JRemote app refreshing tracks now?

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 02:02:50 am »

Well, since you were experiencing this problem before you even had ZoneSwitch switched on, I think that casts doubt on my theory that ZoneSwitch is to blame.

I'm afraid I haven't found any solution since originally posting this problem, other than manually reloading the tracks every time I switch to a new album which is a pain. I use an older iPad that can't update beyong Ios 9 so maybe that doesn't help - maybe people using a later IoS don't have this problem.

bobsilver

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 12:12:08 pm »

I have the latest IOS 12.  So thats not it.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 12:53:20 pm »

Interesting. There must be something to explain why some people get it and (apparently) not others, but I don't know what it is.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 12:58:29 pm »

Maybe navigating to the selection via Files instead of Albums.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2018, 01:12:07 pm »

Happens to me routinely with the Android version of JRemote and I don't use zone switch.

Me too

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2018, 01:16:01 pm »

Maybe navigating to the selection via Files instead of Albums.

I don't think this is it - I wouldn't know how to navigate via files instead of albums!

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2018, 10:49:09 pm »

Do you get the same issue if you use the panel or the MC console? Does toggling zoneswitch affect those?

Also on JRemote how do you have App/Server follows zone changes set?

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 02:20:06 am »

I certainly haven't experienced anything like this when using the MC console on the PC. Not sure what you mean by the panel - do you mean the Panel app for browsers? I've never tried that but can try it in the next few days.

Yes, I have "App follows zone changes" set. Bobsilver said he tried toggling this and it didn't make any difference.

It's interesting that we now have four people reporting this on this thread, two using Android and two using IoS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up