INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1X/2X/4X/8X...CD Read Speed Control Not Working..  (Read 1210 times)

mattjs

• nothing more to say...
1X/2X/4X/8X...CD Read Speed Control Not Working..
« on: June 27, 2003, 07:20:42 pm »

I had managed to get my old Kodak USB 1.1 CD-R/RW working with Media Jukebox 8 with 1x read setting on Digital Secure or ECC (i dotn remember which) etc.  This  definately ran at around 1x.

Everything else being the same except Media Centre 9.0 and WinXPPro instead of Win2K(AS) I cannot get a clean rip without significant pops and noise any more!

I havent as yet tried another CD (as I did remember at least one CD of mine that still had slight noise even from before.)

But none the less setting the reading speed to 1x definately doesnt make any difference under MC9 and the read speed visibly ramps up to 2x/3x etc so this control definately has a BUG!  

BUT I DO CONTRADULATE J RIVER ON THE FACT THAT
AT THAT TIME AND WITH THESE SETTING YOURS WAS THE ONLY MEDIA PLAYER THAT WOULD WORK WITH MY HARDWARE AND DEFINATIVELY NOT MS' OR REAL MEDIA'S!

Any help would be much appreciated to my email address and not just this chat.
Cheers,
Matthew.

mattjs

• nothing more to say...
Re: 1X/2X/4X/8X...CD Read Speed Control Not Workin
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 04:20:53 am »

Lots of bugs in Media Center 9 ... put it on another machine with an IDE CDROM and ripped to raw WAV then copied the files accros before conversion to MP3 on my laptop and low an behold MC9 wont convert just sits there and the dialog box wont cancel either.

Now back with Media JukeBox 8.0 (I thought I had Media Center 8 before) but anyway it seem to be working (converting anyway so far) ...

Be nice if you had old version downloads on the site for when this happens... I thank you very much for the free software and yes i did almost order before when it expired but you want to improve the product quality or else simply provide earlier version downloads etc (Beta Stamps Beta 1 Alpa, Beta 2 Beta etc.) as you dont want to end up like micrsoft who until mroe recently anyway always used to test there software on their customers!

WAV to MPS converation and probably all of them because i in advertantly started a WAV  to OGG... DONT WORK UNDER MC9!!!!!!

TO ALL CONCERNED  DONT SCREAM AND DONT BLAME ESP. IF YOU HAVENT PAID FOR IT BUT JUST ROLL BACK A VERSION INSTEAD!

Cheers,
Matthew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up