INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost my Command line functions in the 64-bit version  (Read 2079 times)

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
Lost my Command line functions in the 64-bit version
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:09:28 pm »

Hi!

The executable JR22.exe is replaced with a long filename with spaces in it. My command line bat-files do not work any more. What needs to be done to fix this?

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lost my Command line functions in the 64-bit version
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:27:54 am »

The executable JR22.exe is replaced with a long filename with spaces in it. My command line bat-files do not work any more. What needs to be done to fix this?

You'll need to put double quotes (") around the full path and .exe if it contains spaces:

"C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 23\Media Center 23.exe"

Spike

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 12:52:17 am »

Thank you, Spike! Will try it now...

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:37:45 am »

The exe is now executing. But the command logic is not working, like it did on 32-bit.

My bat-file content now:
"C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 23\Media Center 23.exe" /MCC 10036,-1
pause

This command is used to set the "flag" Stop after current song, on or off - visible in the play menu. The command is started by clicking an icon, always available in my screen bottom. It is convenient because the keyboard shortcut is hard to use - I only use mouse and on-screen keyboard. The setting in the play menu requires too many mouse clicks...  :)

Can I fix it myself with forum help? Or is it a programming bug?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 01:43:55 am »

You would probably need to provide more information. There never has been a JR22.exe, for one it would've been 23, but we never used that particular name at all.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 01:59:56 am »

This I don't understand...

More info? Regarding?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 02:00:39 am »

Surely you mean MC23 /MCC 10036,-1 which uses the command launcher in the windows\system32 folder?
Perhaps you need to check the command launcher is there?
I seem to remember a post where someone lost the command launcher when they de-installed the 32 bit version.
If mc23.exe isn't in windows\system32 re-install the 64-bit version to get it back.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 02:08:44 am »

I have assumed that I only need the 64 version. I now have no 32 version installed. Should I install the 32 beside the 64?

Thanks for helping!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 02:55:05 am »

"C:\Windows\System32\MC23.exe" is the correct program for issuing command line commands, not the "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 23\Media Center 23.exe" program. You only need to specifiy "MC23.exe" because it is in the Windows system path.

Unfortunately, there can only be one copy of "C:\Windows\System32\MC23.exe" at a time, and so a 64bit installation overwrites the 32bit version, and visa versa. Likewise, uninstalling the 32bit uninstalls the "C:\Windows\System32\MC23.exe" program.

So, if you installed the 64bit version, then uninstalled the 32bit version, you need to rerun the 64bit installation to get the "C:\Windows\System32\MC23.exe" program back, as terrym suggested.

No, you don't need both the 32 and 64bit versions installed to use command line functions.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 03:03:50 am »

Ok now. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up