INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 22 Hangs on Audio Startup  (Read 1786 times)

parkerbm1

JRiver Media Center 22 Hangs on Audio Startup
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:58:05 am »

Greetings - Media Center 22.0.108 is updated from my prior version which became unstable this week (song dropouts and spontaneous closing of the application). After updating to this version, the library will load but minimal artwork is loaded. Once you select anything to play Media Center hangs and Windows says the program is unresponsive and will look for a solution. The log is attached for review. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver Media Center 22 Hangs on Audio Startup
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:06:06 am »

These kinds of problems are usually related to hardware, drivers or antivirus.  Pay special attention to antivirus.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Troubleshooting_Guide

parkerbm1

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 05:45:10 pm »

Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled my antivirus software (Mcafee) and reinstalled Media Center in safe mode. Same results. Interestingly, I noticed that before the program hangs while clicking on a tile, the screen expands slightly and then grays out becoming unresponsive. I think this may be a Windows compatibility issue after critical security updates were installed last week. I've seen some other threads with issues for video but not audio.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 05:53:05 pm »

A video driver could do that.  A bad update could do it.  You can roll back the update to see if it changes.  You can also install the video driver from the manufacturer's site.

Install MC as an administrator and don't do anything special.
Pages: [1]   Go Up