INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem playing from NAS to Oppo  (Read 3506 times)

gerry125

• Recent member
Problem playing from NAS to Oppo
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »

Downloaded ver 23 and all worked fine, however after downloading the latest version to enable me to use panel, i have problems. If using panel or Gizmo ( which i used previously and with the first release of version 23) when choosing a track or album to play, my oppo bd-105 displays buffering (as normal) for a couple of seconds, but then stop flashes briefly on the screen and skips to the next track, repeating the same, until everything eventually stops working.
Have downloaded several times with same result. Reverted to ver 22 and all OK. Help

Have tried to run gizmo again with ver 23 and it will play one album I have, which is an mp3 , problem as above on all other albums ( flac or WMA). All files are streamed over an ethernet connected network from a NAS.
I have the same version of media centre(23) on my desktop Pc, this uses invidia on the motherboard to powered desktop speakers and this works OK.
have copied  a couple of wma and flac files to the server running jriver in a new library these play ok using player, but still fail as before when trying to play on my oppo As before everything works ok if i revert to mc 22 Don't know what to do next other than uninstall.
Have now uninstalled and downloaded again, same problem. Uninstalled again and downloaded 64 bit ver same problem.
Is it possible to get hold of the original release of MC 23, as when I downloaded this everything worked OK

gerry125

• Recent member
Re: media centre 23
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 03:36:04 pm »

No help for my unusable ver 23, If someone has the original ver 23 I can download, it will at least allow me to test my system to conclude if it's later updates that are causing my problem.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 03:38:35 pm »

just backtrack in the forum and you will find all the former releases...hint: they all have padlocks on them as they are closed!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 03:52:00 pm »

A simple search of this forum and this is what I believe to be the first release of MC23 for windows

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111100.msg767884.html#msg767884

most problems can be accounted to- intrusive antivirus software, driver issues, hard drive issues, user issues

glad I could help and had the time to research it for you!.....good luck

“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 03:57:36 pm »

The details are buried in all the text.  Here's what I see.

You're playing from a NAS.

Your connecting to the Oppo via Ethernet.  This probably means you're trying to use DLNA.

MP3 works but FLAC doesn't?  Are you sure of that?

Are you using MC to play to the Oppo?  Or are you using another program as a controller.

If you copy the files to the machine where MC is running, they play fine.

______

Try changing the DLNA Server settings for SetNextAVTransport.  It's under Media Network > Add or Edit Servers.

You need to narrow down where the problem is.  Try playing to another device, for example.

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »

Apologies for confusing text, but have been working through the problem over several evenings.

System is :- jriver running on windows pc

Oppo, pc and NAS on ethernet network.

Oppo appears in the playing now drop down list and is selected as a zone, this then appears in the top pane as playing to oppo bd-105.

Release mc22 works ok, but 23 will not play to oppo, attempts but stops.

Initial release of 23 worked fine, but failed after I used panel, don't know if this is related.

If i select play using jriver on the pc (not to oppo) the track plays but i have no sound card connected so no sound out.

have just tried using gizmo to play to my mobile, but get server communication error.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 09:18:01 am »

Apologies for confusing text, but have been working through the problem over several evenings.

System is :- jriver running on windows pc

Oppo, pc and NAS on ethernet network.

Oppo appears in the playing now drop down list and is selected as a zone, this then appears in the top pane as playing to oppo bd-105.

Release mc22 works ok, but 23 will not play to oppo, attempts but stops.

Initial release of 23 worked fine, but failed after I used panel, don't know if this is related.

If i select play using jriver on the pc (not to oppo) the track plays but i have no sound card connected so no sound out.

have just tried using gizmo to play to my mobile, but get server communication error.

How are you connection to the NAS? Are you accessing it as a network share or are you selecting it using the "Playing From" entry in MC's tree (this would be using the NAS as a DLNA server)?

Using it as a file share instead of a DLNA server greatly simplifies the debugging.

If you are using a current release of MC23 there are a few things you can try.

1) Power cycle the Oppo (don't just turn it off and on, actually unplug the power cord and plug it back in).

and try playing to the Oppo again. If that doesn't work:

2) First, disable SetNext support for the Oppo zone, (right click on the zone->DLNA Controller Options->Disable SetNext support).
     Power cycle the Oppo and try to play again.

3) Next, ignore GetPosition failure for the Oppo zone, (right click on the zone->DLNA Controller Options->Ignore GetPosition Failuer)
    Power cycle the Oppo and try to play again.

Report back pleased.

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »

Thanks  for getting back

Power cycled oppo  no change.

In zone i don't get any options for DNLA, have logged into my NAS and the library appears to be set up as a file share, (marked as CIFS file share).

Still find it a little odd that reverting to MC22 and all works OK.

For info The oppo is connected to the PC via HDMI and USB, using either connection gives the same result.

If I expand the playing now menu I see "playing from main library" highlighted (which is on the NAS)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »

Thanks  for getting back

Power cycled oppo  no change.

In zone i don't get any options for DNLA, have logged into my NAS and the library appears to be set up as a file share, (marked as CIFS file share).

Still find it a little odd that reverting to MC22 and all works OK.

For info The oppo is connected to the PC via HDMI and USB, using either connection gives the same result.

If I expand the playing now menu I see "playing from main library" highlighted (which is on the NAS)
Thanks for the report.
Since you are "Playing from the Main Library" you must be using the NAS as a share for MC as you say.
I assume if you choose "Direct Sound" as the audio device it plays properly through whatever your onboard sound device is?

As for the Oppo,
Since you aren't using the Oppo as a DLNA device, there are a couple of things to check.
First, what is your Audio device set to in both MC22 and MC23?
Second, what are your DSP studio settings for the Oppo zone (player most likely) in both MC22 and MC23?

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 05:20:48 pm »

I think the oppo is connected to mc as a DNLA device, if i click on oppo-tools-options, I am prompted to configure using media network, (same on mc22) and configured device is generic DNLA

Audio device same for both versions (digital audio (HDMI) high def WASAPI. Have tried others in both versions and pretty sure they all work

In dropdown playing now, i have options oppo-bd105, humax (no humax connected) and dvd/cd. If i choose either of these I am able to play most tracks except 192khz  versions, ( it sees humax and dvd/cd as local zones) the output is still via oppo but remains showing jriver screen and not the oppo display as before and as it does in mc22.

It appears to me that the issue revolves around file type as it seems to work with MP3 but higher resolutions (playing to the oppo) fail.

Tomorrow i will run through all the relevant settings on ver 22 and 23 to see if there are any differences.

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 04:38:31 pm »

Have checked all settings in tools-options-audio and media network and both ver 22 an 23 are the same.

I have downloaded the 64 bit version to my other pc which is on the same network (uses same library) and have a similar problem,in that certain albums won't play, just shows as buffering and then after a few minutes i get a message that playback has failed.

This pc uses direct sound and player, and also plays fine with ver22 installed

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 05:22:25 am »

Seems that the office pc would not play high bit rate wma's.

Now Ok following latest update.

Tried on my media pc but still fails when using the oppo as a zone, although Subtley different when using gizmo.

Gizmo displays "working" the track progress bar starts to move, but no output, after 20 seconds or so gizmo displays "paused"
During this the oppo (which now has control over the monitor) displays "buffering" and then flashes "stop" as described previously.

Mp3 tracks when selected continue to play OK .

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
Re: Problem playing from NAS to Oppo
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 01:15:27 pm »

You need to set the MC DLNA server setting to Always Convert to PCM 16 bit L16 No Header..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

gerry125

• Recent member
Re: Problem playing from NAS to Oppo
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 03:22:08 pm »

Thanks for that, had presumed that settings would be preserved on upgrade.

For info works with DNLA audio format :- MP3, PCM16 no header and PCM 24 bit

Also Gizmo track progress bar continually resets when playing.

Does the audio format setting set the output format to the DNLA server, in this case my Oppo. I had assumed that it would use The native HDMI setting as this is the connection method used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up