INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failed launch of MC 22, questions about 23  (Read 980 times)

couchjr

• World Citizen
Failed launch of MC 22, questions about 23
« on: October 20, 2017, 02:12:26 pm »

Wise ones,

I have a paid license for MC 22. I'm not sure I've ever used it, though I may have. I've been running MC 21.0.92 on this machine (late 2014 Mac Mini, El Cap). I used my registration number to generate a new install code which was accepted, downloaded 22.108 from the top post on the MC 22 forum, went through the usual installer routine, with the expected progress indicators and completion. But when I double-click on the app icon in the Applications folder to launch it, I get a modal Finder popup saying the file cannot be opened. I tried this sequence twice (using up two restores) including once with no other version of MC running and using fresh downloads/installs of the app. Not sure how to troubleshoot further. What am I missing? Normally if it's a permissions issue I'm simply prompted to authenticate . . . .

I'm quite prepared to purchase an MC 23 license, but I want to run a stable version for this playback machine, which will probably be upgraded to Sierra or High Sierra before long. Is there a stable version of 23, and if so, which one? And how do I ensure I won't have the same installation/launch issues? I'm quite prepare to believe I'm doing something wrong, since I don't think about this highly convoluted upgrade process more than once every year or so, and it's like learning from scratch each time.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Failed launch of MC 22, questions about 23
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 05:50:49 pm »

The version in the thread near the top of this board is stable.  It's 23.0.74.
Pages: [1]   Go Up