INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connection problem with Gizmo  (Read 1553 times)

wrogers814

• Recent member
Connection problem with Gizmo
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:35:20 am »

This week I began experiencing problems with Gizmo connecting with the 'server'. My setup as I understand it is JRiver 22 is on a home networked  computer running Windows 10. I use Gizmo on an Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) to select music which I hear through a Sony wireless or networked speaker.

When I tap on Gizmo I get the message "Attempting to connect to server" and the connection string "http:// 162-234[removed].lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal,net;52199/". After several retrys I get the message "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please double check that you have entered the correct key, and that the server and your connection are working".

I have confirmed that my access key is correct and as far as I ca determine there seems to be no problem with the connection or server, although I am not certain on how to confirm this.

Everything was working fine until about a week ago and, other than automatic updates, there have been no changes to my system.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Connection problem with Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:40:49 am »

I removed part of the IP address, but the address is odd.  The dashes instead of dots between the numbers.

Please test on your LAN (not outside).  If that works, take a look at the wiki topic called Network Access .

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 10:45:45 am »

There is also a space after the http://

and a comma and semi-colon here:  al,net;52199

Something is mangling the address.  Your ISP might be able to help.

In Google, type whatsmyip and see if it matches the address.

wrogers814

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:52:11 am »

Sorry for the late reply:

I found the answer to the problem on the "network access" wiki. Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up