INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center, JRemote, and a Behringer X18 mixer  (Read 2517 times)

WMarkT

• Recent member
Media Center, JRemote, and a Behringer X18 mixer
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:54:37 pm »

I'm using JRiver MC 22 on a Macbook Air running the latest OS X, and JRemote 3.25 on an iPad Air running the latest iOS. When I connect JRemote to MC on my home wifi, life is good. It works great and I love it. Now enter a Behringer X18 Air mixer. I use the X18 as an access point and my Macbook connects and works great. I can connect to the X18 wifi with my Macbook, but JRemote will not connect. I've tried with the key and using the Macbook's IP address with port 52199 (that was already set), with and without authentication, but I simply cannot get JRemote to connect to the MC media server.

Thought or suggestions? I would really like to control the mixer and Media Center simultaneously from my iPad, and I know it must be something simple I'm overlooking.

WMarkT

• Recent member
Re: Media Center, JRemote, and a Behringer X18 mixer
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:37:46 pm »

I may have stumbled onto the reason for the issue above. Apparently, and please correct me if I'm wrong, JRiver remote only works with an Internet connection between the mobile device and the server. When I was using the Behringer as an access point, and when I was using an external router (not connected to the Internet), I was able to control the mixer with my iPad, but not connect JRemote to the MC server. When I duplicated this test with the mixer and my iPad on my home wifi, everything works as I want, including JRemote connecting to the MC server.

Thus I must conclude that JRemote will not connect to MC server without an internet connection between them.

Could someone please confirm or correct?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center, JRemote, and a Behringer X18 mixer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:01:10 am »

They need to be on the same LAN, but an Internet connection isn't required.  You can enter the IP address and port instead of an Access Key.
Pages: [1]   Go Up