INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not embedded in audio file  (Read 2086 times)

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover art not embedded in audio file
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:55:06 am »

Just found out when converting some flac files to other format that cover art was missing from almost all of the converted files. Image files (jpg) were saved in the cover art directory but they were not embedded in flac files. I added the cover art before ripping. All those albums were ripped with MC 23.0.80.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art not embedded in audio file
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:37:04 pm »

Just found out when converting some flac files to other format that cover art was missing from almost all of the converted files. Image files (jpg) were saved in the cover art directory but they were not embedded in flac files. I added the cover art before ripping. All those albums were ripped with MC 23.0.80.

I do this almost daily when converted FLAC to MP3 - and the art always appears in the converted files. But then again - I always embed art manually in all FLAC files before conversion.

Not sure what having "image files in the cover art directory" means to this process - but I have never had a conversion appear without art.

You also say "missing from almost all of the converted files". I take this to mean that at least one of more of the converted files did get artwork? If that's the case - you may have only selected specific files to place art in - prior to the conversion.

This has happened to me a bunch of times - but that is driver error - not really paying attention to what files I have highlighted before adding cover art.

VP

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:45:28 am »

Previous version 23.0.77 worked just fine, cover art was embedded in flac file, haven't tried current 23.0.81 yet.

I used MC's own cover art search tool "Get from internet" and manual google image search "Paste from clipboard (image or url)" MC saved those images in the cover art directory but didn't embed them in flac files, except one which may be because I wasn't pleased with the first cover image and replaced with another "paste from clipboard".

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:04:36 am »

Previous version 23.0.77 worked just fine, cover art was embedded in flac file, haven't tried current 23.0.81 yet.

I used MC's own cover art search tool "Get from internet" and manual google image search "Paste from clipboard (image or url)" MC saved those images in the cover art directory but didn't embed them in flac files, except one which may be because I wasn't pleased with the first cover image and replaced with another "paste from clipboard".

I do not use either of those options. I only ever use Add From File (when right clicking on a series of album tracks etc). Then I choose my prepped image and away we go. Have never used Paste nor Get from Internet. Always assumed that Get From Internet never embedded art to files anyway - always thought it simply created that file in the album art directory.

But I just tested and it does embed the art. One does need to select ALL tracks when using that option. I tested it by selecting just 3 of 10 and only the 3 selected actually got the embedded art - the other 7 got nothing.

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 10:35:25 am »

Have never used Paste nor Get from Internet. Always assumed that Get From Internet never embedded art to files anyway - always thought it simply created that file in the album art directory.
Both work and can save art in the file.

The Get from Internet option is pretty solid (and clever).  It uses a voting system, so files that get chosen more frequently move up toward the top, and files that are chosen less move toward the bottom and eventually off the list.  This requires doing one at a time.  When you do a large number, we automatically select the "best" file.

dodgio

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 08:41:51 pm »

Just ran into this myself on Mac 23.0.83. Using Cover Art > Get From Internet... didn't actually update the cover art in Flac files.
Then I remembered this was a remote library. Doing the same operation from the computer where the library was local correctly updated the cover art.

Not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, but that's how it is right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up