INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver will not recognize "G" drive.  (Read 6203 times)

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver will not recognize "G" drive.
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:22:15 am »

I went to download some music into my Pono player and the G drive will not show up. The computer window opens but the action window will not show G drive. I rebooted the computer several times and did the same with the Pono player. I put in a brand new card hoping that the card had become corrupted. No luck. I put the first card with 10 GB left out of 64 and still nothing. The internal memory which is the "F" drive has had a problem for a few years but I never worried about it since it is full. I never had this problem before even with the weird F drive. I always ge the message to restore the F drive but it won't work. Right now the problem I am concerned with is the G drive not opening. Help!! Please.

l8mdl

• Recent member
Re: JRiver will not recognize "G" drive.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 10:01:28 am »

Why use the card in the player? Just insert it into a card reader, preferably a 3.0 usb one, and drop and drag. I haven't hooked up my Pono player to my computer for years. The last time was to upgrade the firmware.

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 12:50:38 pm »

That is no help to me. I have been connecting my Pono player to my computer for longer that you have been using a card reader. I want to know why the "G" drive all of a sudden will not show up in the action window. Anyone out there with some idea?? Thanks!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 01:03:31 pm »

In MC's options, try redetect handhelds.

Try power cycling both the computer and the Pono Player.

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 01:09:11 pm »

Jim, Thanks. I rebooted both my computer and my Pono player several times each. Where do I find "MC's options"? I also tried a new card with the same results. When the "window " for the G drive opens there is no connecting sound. When the F drive opens I get the normal sounds.??
Bob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:05:32 pm »

Tools > Options > Handheld > Redetect.

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:55:22 pm »

Jim, I tried the Tools>Options route and it did not work. Is there anything else I can try?? Maybe I will have to buy a card reader and try that way. I have no idea how to do that. I have been doing it the other way for years. I was one of the first to get my Pono player so it's been a while. Help!!

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 01:21:10 am »

Anyone have any ideas on this subject?? Really worried about this one!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 06:35:21 am »

Did you try a search or read other posts?  We've seen this problem before but I don't remember the cause.

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 09:00:05 am »

Jim, I have tried several searches but so far nothing. Just my posts show up lol. Can you think of a way to search for a post?? I have ordered a card reader but will have to learn how to use it. Can you give me some help with that task?? It would save me a lot of frustration. Thanks in advance!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 09:25:48 am »

Try "reset pono".

And just try reading other threads. 

Try a search at Google.

l8mdl

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 09:48:19 am »

Have you tried the "0" reset procedure?

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 09:52:27 am »

Jim, How do you do the "0' reset? Never heard of it. Thanks!!

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 09:53:54 am »

The only "reset pono" that comes up is the one you just posted:)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 10:47:09 am »

Did you try Google?

We can't help much with the use of the Pono Player. 

There was still a Pono forum the last time I looked.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2017, 11:03:17 am »

This thread talks about similar problems that were solved by using a different USB cable:

https://www.ponomusic.com/_ui/core/userprofile/UserProfilePage?u=005A0000005AyhA&tab=sfdc.ProfilePlatformFeed&fId=0D51500002CvzvR

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 01:57:10 pm »

Just before Pono bit the dust I was having another problem and they sent me a new cable. It did not fix the problem but I have an almost new cable now. I don't wrap it up tight, I loop it in large loops so not to bend it like I did the old one. I tried a couple of different cables and no luck. I think it is a soft wear problem. Thank you for the link. I thought Pono forum would be down but I will try it. My big hope now is that it will work with a card reader. I guess I could find out from google how to use it. Maybe a Pono person will give me a tutorial. Thanks.

l8mdl

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 09:45:34 pm »

The "O" reset goes like this:
Turn on the player
Press the "O" button for 10-12 seconds until the unit turns off and recycles
This will reset the player

As for card readers, which I have been using since I purchased my Pono on 05/09/15, it should plug in and configure automatically. It will show up as a drive on your machine. At least they always have on my PC's. Then you can just "drag & drop" music to the "music" folder. It is WAY faster than using the Pono directly.

Let us know how it goes...I would try a couple of other cables if you can just in case. If it still won't configure you may need to contact Phil Baker at Pono (pbaker@gmail.com). He can give you some options. Pono is still selling units directly for $200 plus shipping last time I checked.

l8mdl

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 08:45:56 am »

Quick question - does the player still play the G drive material? If so, I'd suspect the cables...

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2017, 11:20:41 pm »

The files from the G drive still play. My Pono cable is almost brand new but I have tried several other cables and no luck. The PC opens the window for the G and F drive but there is no sound when they open up. Nothing will show up in the action window. My last resort seems to be trying a card reader. I hope to have the new one I ordered in a few days. Thanks for the info!!

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 11:38:29 pm »

When using a card reader do you drag the files from the jriver (Pono) library?? Where do you drag the files to? My music files are only in my library. I have never been able to find my music files in a folder. They seem to be scattered all through my computer. No central location.

wisker3600

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 12:41:19 am »

I just transferred 5 albums from my library to my Pono player. I finally figured it out ;D After I installed MC 23 everything was fine. About a month or so later is when this problem started. I just went back to MC 22 and guess what. It works fine. I am very relieved but I don't understand why it happened. Well I am back in business. Thanks to all for the help!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up