INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open in 3D album view?  (Read 2495 times)

fermenter

• Recent member
Open in 3D album view?
« on: November 18, 2017, 03:55:36 pm »

I recently discovered 3D album view. It's a beautiful interface and a lot of fun to zoom around it on the big screen just using the cursor keys on my Harmony remote to select albums. In fact, it could easily become my preferred way to access my music collection if I can solve a couple of annoyances with it:

1. Is there a way to get MC to open in 3D view every time, or to get there via simple keyboard shortcuts that I can program into the remote? It's almost useless to me if it requires direct PC intervention every time to get there.

2. I find the 'full screen' implementation a bit ugly - I still get a white (browser?) bar along the top of the screen, and there is no progress/info bar once the selection starts playing. Is it possible to lose the side menu and the white bar, but retain typical media playback features like track info and progress?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Open in 3D album view?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 06:30:29 pm »

In MC's options for Startup, you can choose Last Location.

fermenter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 01:54:01 am »

Thanks Jim, I guess I can try and discipline myself but it would be nice if MC could be set to open that way. I don't suppose there is a way to trigger it to select that view on exit?!

This (and the other bits i mentioned, assuming they are not fixable either) is a shame, because the 3D album view is otherwise gorgeous and can be easily and swiftly navigated in a HT environment with just the cursor and enter keys on my remote.

One other thing, I can't seem to click down beyond the 14th track on any album in this view - is this a glitch or a limitation?

fermenter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 08:02:07 pm »

Actually, I've just realised it's playing tracks in alphabetical order, not album order.

Is there a way to fix that?!
Pages: [1]   Go Up