INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists of whole albums?  (Read 1328 times)

fermenter

• Recent member
Playlists of whole albums?
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:33 pm »

This may already be possible, or it may be so weird that it'll never be possible. Tell me which  ;D

I'd really like to compile 'album playlists'. Basically just playlists of full albums. The order of the albums themselves could be shuffled when playing back, but each album should play as a whole.

Also, it would be awesome if these playlists could appear alongside albums (for example in the 3D album view), so I could browse my albums and playlists together. Each playlist could have its own cover image (or maybe MC could animate flipping through the album covers the playlist contains?). Selecting a playlist should show a list of the albums it contains, in the same way that selecting an album shows the tracks it contains.

I realise this could largely be emulated by ripping albums (or joining tracks) into single tracks, but this is a huge amount of rework and it would create other problems too.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playlists of whole albums?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 06:45:17 pm »

You can add albums to a playlist.  You can sort them into album order if necessary by clicking on Album in the title bar.

You can lock the playlist by right clicking on it.

I don't know a way to then shuffle it by album.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playlists of whole albums?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:21:13 pm »

You can also right-click files and pick (in MC23):
More Play Options > Play Albums (shuffled) and Play Shuffled Albums (in track order)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up