INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Videos won't play after Win 10 update  (Read 1825 times)

joffa

• Recent member
Videos won't play after Win 10 update
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:41:09 am »

Windows has automatically installed the 1709 Fall Creators Update on my Intel NUC, and as usual, something that was working perfectly now has problems. I have the NUC7i5BNH connected via HDMI to my Panasonic plasma TV via my Marantz receiver, and once I installed the update, it stopped sending the graphics to the TV. So I plugged it into a normal computer monitor via HDMI and it worked fine. I found a solution to this on the Intel NUC forum, apparently the update was installing a new graphics driver and this was the problem, so I had to download the latest graphics driver, and that fixed the problem.

But now JRiver 22 won't play my videos. They play fine if I use Kodi 17.6 or the inbuilt video player in Windows (Films & TV) but not JRiver22. It plays all my FLAC audio files without an issue, but when I try and play a video, I get the following error:

Something went wrong with playback.
Details:
Playback could not be started on the selected audio output. The audio format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP studio to change the output to a compatible format. Also make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options.

Now, given that everything was working fine before the update, all the settings I have should be fine. I haven't touched any of the settings, I am using direct audio (wasapi) with bit streaming via HDMI

I also tried playing videos on my desktop PC with JRiver 22 and they work fine, so it only seems to be the combination of the Intel NUC and JRiver 22. My best guess would be an audio driver issue, but has anyone here had the same problem or have any other suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Videos won't play after Win 10 update
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 06:51:34 am »

Is another program set to Exclusive mode?

joffa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:58:59 am »

I suspect that had something to do with it. I unchecked the allow exclusive access box but that didn't fix it, and then my audio stopped playing as well. So I deleted Kodi, checked the allow exclusive access box again and now it works fine. Thanks for the input JimH.

joffa

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 08:44:14 am »

Well it seems I was a little premature in declaring this problem solved. I've tried everything from disabling and enabling exclusive access, updating drivers and even re-installing MC22, all to no avail. I've now resorted to using MC22 as my music player and VLC Media Player for my movies and TV shows. I'd really really like MC to work, but I'm out of ideas. Does anyone else have any suggestions? (see my first post - it's exactly the same issue).
Pages: [1]   Go Up