INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Specific questions before purchase about supported formats  (Read 858 times)

serr

Specific questions before purchase about supported formats
« on: November 28, 2017, 04:00:45 pm »

I have a few questions about this media player app.

These are the features I require:

- Full decode of DTS MA & DTS 2496 from either .dts or .mkv files. Specifically NOT just a core decode only!
- Full support of FLAC including all multi-channel formats over 2 channels.
- Mixing and matching of channel formats in a playlist with always correct speaker assignments without having to reset core audio to different formats. (eg. Set core audio to 5.1 and mix 5.1, 5.0, 4.0, 2.0, etc tracks in a playlist. Always have correct speaker assignments. Never have unexpected downmixing bugs like a mono sum showing up in the center channel for a 4.0 source - for one specific example.)

Bonus features that would actually get me to spend money on this:
- Ability to read/play any formats from disc images. Including proper full decoding of the DTS formats as mentioned.
- A format conversion utility for any supported formats with default settings for lossless 1:1 conversions (when supported - as fully decoded as possible when not).
- Ability to send sample rate change notifications to my connected audio interface (firewire/thunderbolt/USB interface or thunderbolt to HDMI connected receiver) seamlessly for changing content in a playlist. And I mean seamlessly! (I currently leave the system set to 96k and anything SD that comes along gets upsampled on the fly by core audio. This is still acceptable if the above is not possible.)
- Ability to handle any video formats that might tag along with up to the highest quality HD surround audio.
- Decent simple GUI. For me good = simple and already written eg. Songbird. Bad = looking like it was designed by a 13 year old on meth like XBMC Media Center. And please don't make me finish coding it myself with "skins" and all that!

I'm interested in a convenient media player that handles all HD and surround formats either 1:1 losslessly when possible or as fully decoded as possible for lossy formats like DTS 2496. The free players like Songbird get the job done conveniently with standard FLAC files. The 'ringer' is conveniently decoding the DTS formats. If this app does that with convenience, I'll buy it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up