INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone please explain this? DTS multi channel or 5.1 effect?  (Read 1381 times)

Bigbootz2

• Recent member

Hi there,

This has confused me for a long time. it says on the top right 2 ch and output 2 ch, but the film is 6 channel DTS...but although it says 2ch I am hearing sound from all my speakers, I told it not to make 2channel sound in pseudo surround...so am I getting 6 channel DTS or 2 channel audio like it says? I can hear audio from all my speakers and it sounds correct but the problem for me is it is saying it is converting it from 2CH and the output is 2 ch...well I am very confused about this and it has bothered me for a while so I thought I would finally ask on the forum?  Thanks folks..

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can someone please explain this? DTS multi channel or 5.1 effect?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:30:40 pm »

DTS bitstreams are 6 channels of audio compressed to fit in a 2 channel container, since TOSLINK can only handle 2 channels of uncompressed audio. It is then decoded to 6 channels by your receiver.
If you disable bitstreaming, MC will decode it to 6 channels of audio - but you can only transmit 6 channels of decoded audio over an analog or HDMI connection.

Bigbootz2

• Recent member
Re: Can someone please explain this? DTS multi channel or 5.1 effect?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:34:52 am »

Thanks RD James, it seems I am still getting the multi channel audio although JRiver is saying that it is 2 channel audio, yes I had an HDMI AV receiver...this is why it was confusing to me as the receiver was telling me different from what JRiver was telling me..but think I have it now...it is a bit misleading though it saying something different but I think I understand the reasons...thanks again..
Pages: [1]   Go Up