INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play any files  (Read 1552 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Can't play any files
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:30:39 am »

OK, this may seem stupid, but:
After re-importing and moving all my files with the "Classical" label last night, I am no longer able to play them. According to the Filename column in MC, they are all stored at Users/myname/Music/JRiver/Classical/Artist etc. But they won't play. Also, MC shows the right number of files in the Classical catalog at the bottom.
Going to Finder/Music/JRiver/Classical, all the folders are there (most likely from an earlier import), but they are empty. That is, the songs/files are missing.
I've tried using Import to get the files back, but it doesn't work. What should I do?

(All songs belonging to other genres show the same path, but play perfectly.)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Can't play any files
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:18:26 am »

Where did you move them from?  Are they still in the old location?  If so you might have to point MC to those old file locations and then try the rename/move again...

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 08:53:15 am »

Hm. You're right. In other words, I copied/imported them from an EHD. When I replugged that now, they play just fine, without me having to point anywhere at all. But the filename still says they are on my hard drive (iMac). Does that mean they weren't fully imported after all?

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 04:45:36 am »

I just did what I was advised to above here. I deleted all the files that would appear to still be on the HD that I imported from, and used the import function again. But when I get to the Rename/Move/Copy function, I keep getting this message:
"Media Center encountered errors while tagging or moving files. Check that the files exist (they do), are not read-only (no, really don't believe so), and are not in use by other programs (they're not).
Obviously, I stumble at some point. Any idea of what I may be doing wrong, would be MOST welcome!

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 05:49:25 am »

Problem seems to have been solved, though I'm not quite sure how. It may have something to do with having to disconnect the EHD before changes to take place. Anyway, I'm a happier and more relaxed man now.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up