INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems connecting with Gizmo #2  (Read 1474 times)

wrogers814

• Recent member
Problems connecting with Gizmo #2
« on: December 01, 2017, 11:14:43 pm »

I initially posted the following in October 2017.  I thought the problem had been resolved(forgot the specifics of the solution but it was likely accidental)but it has returned. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Gizmo and check and rechecked my access key. I still get the message and the funky url.

Any additional ideas? Thanks

"This week I began experiencing problems with Gizmo connecting with the 'server'. My setup as I understand it is JRiver 22 is on a home networked  computer running Windows 10. I use Gizmo on an Android smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Note 2) to select music which I hear through a Sony wireless or networked speaker.

When I tap on Gizmo I get the message "Attempting to connect to server" and the connection string "http:// 162-234[removed].lightspeed.cicril.sbcglobal,net;52199/". After several retrys I get the message "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please double check that you have entered the correct key, and that the server and your connection are working".

I have confirmed that my access key is correct and as far as I can determine there seems to be no problem with the connection or server, although I am not certain on how to confirm this.

Everything was working fine until about a week ago and, other than automatic updates, there have been no changes to my system."

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems connecting with Gizmo #2
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 01:46:56 am »

Probably the Windows Defender problem.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113427.msg784111.html#msg784111

I don't know the answer (yet).
Pages: [1]   Go Up