INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change the default playing location?  (Read 4673 times)

mirdle

• World Citizen
Change the default playing location?
« on: December 12, 2017, 05:16:04 pm »

Under "Playing Now" I have a number of available options.

Whenever JRiver starts, it defaults to the "Player Main" zone.

How can I change the default zone?

Thanks for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Change the default playing location?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 01:03:41 am »

There are two sections in Playing Now.  The lower one shows the source (you may need to expand it by clicking on the small triangle.  The upper one shows the destination.

Please explain what you are trying to do.

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 05:17:07 am »

The upper one.. the destination.

mirdle

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 11:28:34 pm »

I'm trying to change the default destination zone to something other than Player Main... so when JRiver starts it selects something other than Player Main as the startup zone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 01:38:08 am »

Try setting MC Startup options to run Media Server.

Try setting the option to start in Last Location.

VegliaAudio

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 07:26:04 pm »

I have the same question and this is not the answer. So, let me try to be detailed. I run MC on my MacBook Pro as DLNP server, streaming to Naim ND5XS streamer. When using the MC application on my Mac, the only way to send a playlist to the streamer is to highlight the playlist, right click and choose "Send to Naim". Instead I want to be able to select a playlist and click on Play to play the playlist on the Naim streamer. Same goes for every song, or album, or artist, or whatever. Basically, I want the Play button to play it on the streamer, not locally on MacBook.
Is this possible?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 11:05:54 pm »

MC can't select a Dynamic Zone (DLNA Renderer) such as your Naim ND5XS streamer at startup because it hasn't yet found the Zone. It takes a while for DLNA Discovery to happen after MC is started. That is a function of Windows, networks, and the DLNA standard.

What you can do though is set up a Zoneswitch rule that switches to your Naim ND5XS streamer whenever you play anything. As long as you wait a little while for MC to find your Naim ND5XS streamer, then MC will switch to that Zone and play your audio there.

If you don't wait long enough for MC to find your Naim ND5XS streamer, and select Play on something, it will play locally in Player. If you stop playback and start it again, MC will switch Zone to your Naim ND5XS streamer and play there.

See the Wiki article https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones plus the ZoneSwitch thread it links to.

You can also Customise the Toolbar by adding a "Zones" button to it, which then allows you to quickly switch Zones without opening Playing Now.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

VegliaAudio

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 07:32:33 am »

MC can't select a Dynamic Zone (DLNA Renderer) such as your Naim ND5XS streamer at startup because it hasn't yet found the Zone. It takes a while for DLNA Discovery to happen after MC is started. That is a function of Windows, networks, and the DLNA standard.

What you can do though is set up a Zoneswitch rule that switches to your Naim ND5XS streamer whenever you play anything. As long as you wait a little while for MC to find your Naim ND5XS streamer, then MC will switch to that Zone and play your audio there.

If you don't wait long enough for MC to find your Naim ND5XS streamer, and select Play on something, it will play locally in Player. If you stop playback and start it again, MC will switch Zone to your Naim ND5XS streamer and play there.

See the Wiki article https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones plus the ZoneSwitch thread it links to.

You can also Customise the Toolbar by adding a "Zones" button to it, which then allows you to quickly switch Zones without opening Playing Now.
Thanks, will try tonight. Much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up