INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP with DLNA not working  (Read 3752 times)

kolia

• World Citizen
DSP with DLNA not working
« on: December 16, 2017, 12:44:15 pm »

Hello,
I read this thread https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,92801.50.html extensively, maybe not enough ;) but I cannot get DSP working with DLNA (renderer Marantz CR-603)
I'm configuring DSP using Media Networks>Add or configure DLNA>Advanced DSP Studio. Audio mode is set to Specified output format, PCM 16bit or 24bit does not make any difference. What should I try to get it working?
I'm using MC to control the renderer.
Thank you

Edit : ooops should have said that I'm using MC 23.0.91 x64 and I'm trying to use equalizer

Yaramanoglu

Re: DSP with DLNA not working
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 10:30:12 am »

I have the same problem with MC23. I am using a Marantz NA6005 network player that uses an MC23 server on a Windows 10 PC in the network. Same setup works without any problems and without any custom setup for DSD over DLNA with MC21. But just ugraded to MC23 and cannot play my sources in DSD anymore. FLAC has no problems. I am hoping that someone with more exprience with JRiver and DLNA can help here.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:54:13 am »

Hello,
I read this thread https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,92801.50.html extensively, maybe not enough ;) but I cannot get DSP working with DLNA (renderer Marantz CR-603)
I'm configuring DSP using Media Networks>Add or configure DLNA>Advanced DSP Studio. Audio mode is set to Specified output format, PCM 16bit or 24bit does not make any difference. What should I try to get it working?
I'm using MC to control the renderer.
Thank you

Edit : ooops should have said that I'm using MC 23.0.91 x64 and I'm trying to use equalizer
Just verified that it's working fine here.
Do you have more than one DLNA server configured and if so have you associated it with the renderer (right click on the renderer zone and look for the DLNA options).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:55:17 am »

I have the same problem with MC23. I am using a Marantz NA6005 network player that uses an MC23 server on a Windows 10 PC in the network. Same setup works without any problems and without any custom setup for DSD over DLNA with MC21. But just ugraded to MC23 and cannot play my sources in DSD anymore. FLAC has no problems. I am hoping that someone with more exprience with JRiver and DLNA can help here.
What are your settings for the DLNA server?
The convert when necessary option has changed to allow the selection of which formats to convert.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:03:03 am »

Thank's Bob I was a bit desperate. There is only one DNLA server, I checked that already. Did you make a test with MC as a DLNA renderer running on a RaspPI and a MC x64 running on a Windows PC?
I set mode to Specified output format, and tested PCM 24 bits, 16 bits and even other flavors in case of

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:25:32 am »

Thank's Bob I was a bit desperate. There is only one DNLA server, I checked that already. Did you make a test with MC as a DLNA renderer running on a RaspPI and a MC x64 running on a Windows PC?
I set mode to Specified output format, and tested PCM 24 bits, 16 bits and even other flavors in case of
Not that specific combination but that bit is pretty straightforward.
Are you pushing to the Rpi renderer or connecting as a library server client?

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 11:29:20 am »

I am pushing to MC 23 on a RaspPI acting as a DLNA renderer (again from MC x64 on a Win 10 PC).

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 11:58:13 am »

I am pushing to MC 23 on a RaspPI acting as a DLNA renderer (again from MC x64 on a Win 10 PC).
Just tested that combo. Playing a mp3 to the pi, wave 16 bit conversion with EQ set to heavy bass so I could hear it.
No issues.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 12:02:08 pm »

Thanks Bob for the effort, I really appreciate that. I'm using FLAC files only. Could it be an explanation? I'm no in a position to perform tests where I currently sit.
Just curious are you using x64 on the server side?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 12:14:05 pm »

Thanks Bob for the effort, I really appreciate that. I'm using FLAC files only. Could it be an explanation? I'm no in a position to perform tests where I currently sit.
Just curious are you using x64 on the server side?
Yes, I'm using x64. Just tried flac. It worked fine. Are there any other option enabled in DSP studio? Are you certain you used Specified format?

If you can't get it, I'd suggest creating a new library on the x64 pc (don't clear the existing one, just create a new one to test with) then try it again after setting up the DLNA server settings for the test library.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 12:16:55 pm »

Well this is really mysterious. 100% certain that I use Specified format. Good idea to test a new lib. As you m understood I'm not on site, I will report back beginning of February. Thanks so much again for the tests.

Yaramanoglu

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 07:14:43 pm »

What are your settings for the DLNA server?
The convert when necessary option has changed to allow the selection of which formats to convert.
Hi Bob, thanks for the response. My DLNA Server is set to "Audiophile 24-Bit DAC. Audio (currently)>Original. But I also had "Specified output format" "PCM 24 Bit" (This is how MC21 is set as well). Nothing changed in DSP Studio so everything on default setting. Audio Formats to convert is greyed out. Under Advanced Bitstream is unchecked. Wit tese settings I can chose a DSD track but the  playback deliveres a static noise.

Yaramanoglu

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 08:17:57 pm »

Any feedback?

sounerfan

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 08:36:46 pm »

Also having this same issue.  I swear DSD via DLNA was working for my SR-7011 earlier.  No issues with high res FLAC files.  Please advise.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 11:31:52 am »

Can we clarify this a bit?
Yaramanoglu  and sounerfan are you both saying you played DSD to your DLNA renderers previously and can't now and:
The output is set to
Specified output format = Audiophile 24-Bit DAC
and you also tried
Original

and neither works now? When it was working was your rendere showing PCM or DSD playback??
Pages: [1]   Go Up