INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubleshooting Soundspectrum's 64bit release of G-Force with MC 64bit 23.0.91  (Read 1969 times)

net23

• Recent member

Hiya!

Ever since I moved to the 64bit release of MC I'd been hoping that Soundspectrum would release a version of G-Force compatible with the latest, greatest 64bit MC.

Recently they released a 64bit version of G-Force that was supposed to be compatible with MC. v5.8.

After installing both latest versions I find that MC hard crashes when I select G-Force as the vis. I can run their vis in standalone mode and it's fine... just crashes MC.

My system is:
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
i7-3770K CPU @ 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA 1070ti

I just deleted logs and dmp files and restarted MC and triggered the crash by selecting G-Force as the vis, log and dmp attached.

Hope this can help... Soundspectrum support referred me to our JRiver Interact forum: "Sorry you are experiencing this issue. We have received similar reports from others; however, we have not been able to reproduce the issue on our end. It's possible that the issue stems from something in JRiver that we are not able to directly address. I would recommend also writing to JRiver so they can hear from you directly on what your are experiencing."

Thanks!

Bob

net23

• Recent member

Anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

If Soundspectrum can't reproduce it, it's possible that it's a video driver problem.

net23

• Recent member

Initially that's one of the first things I thought as well... however G-Force (5.80 and now today v.5.81) are running on this computer and work with no issue in WMP as vis and in standalone with an audio source selected so that makes me think there's something going on specific to MC. Is there anything visible in the logs I uploaded?

Thanks!

net23

• Recent member

Anybody had a chance to look at the log/dump?

Thanks!

net23

• Recent member

Bump.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I don't think there is anything we can do about this.  Make sure you have the most recent version of Soundspectrum's software.

millst

• Galactic Citizen

I tried the latest version of Aeon (4.00) and have a similar experience. Blank screen on 32-bit. 64-bit crashes. I don't have support from them and was waiting for 64-bit support before paying again.

-tm
Pages: [1]   Go Up