INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only getting 320 kbps playback using remote library  (Read 1673 times)

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
Only getting 320 kbps playback using remote library
« on: January 05, 2018, 03:57:05 pm »

Hi crew.  I am attempting to play my home music library remotely at my remote office.  Connecting to the remote library is working fine.  But, all files are playing out as 320 kbps, whether CD, 24/96, 24/192, DSF or SACD ISO.  That's not right.

In my remote office, I am using a Dell 64bit desktop, Windows 7 Professional, i5-4590, 3.30Ghz, 8 Gb RAM with MC 23, v.0.91.  Internet access is via is our office wifi guest network, which Ookla clocks in at 21 mbps on this PC, which I assume is more than adequate for highdef audio.  Audio device is a first generation AudioQuest Dragonfly, which should do 24/96.  Relevant options in MC are set as follows:

Audio Device -- AudioQuest DragonFly [WASAPI] (I also tried Kernel Streaming, with same results)
Device Settings -- Exclusive mode
DSP & Output Format -- Output encoding, none;  channel, source number; sample rate, no change 96,000 or less, alternating between 88200 and 96000 up the ladder as appropriately divisible; SoX set for resampling

I happen to have a new generation DragonFly Red with me today, so I have tried with that.  For the test, I used both USB Audio Device [WASAPI] and AudioQuest DragonFly Red 1.0 [Kernel Streaming] for audio device settings.  Same result -- only 320 kbps.

No problem with bitrate on files played at home, just remotely to my office.  What am I doing wrong here?  Thanks.  JCR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Only getting 320 kbps playback using remote library
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 04:38:47 pm »

I am attempting to play my home music library remotely at my remote office.  Connecting to the remote library is working fine.  But, all files are playing out as 320 kbps, whether CD, 24/96, 24/192, DSF or SACD ISO. 
MC will convert to something that DLNA supports.  You can change the conversion on the server.  It's under Media Network > Add or configure servers.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:49:48 pm »

You do not say how you are connecting to the server.

If you are using MC in your office as a client through Media Network, then you should check Tools - Options - Media Network - Client Options - Audio on the office PC.  There you can set whether  a conversion to PCM is done.  Set that to Don't Convert.

If you are using Panel you will always get MP3 sample rates.

jrobbins

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 06:23:57 pm »

Jackpot!  I had forgotten the setting under Media Network. Now streaming a DSF file at 5644 kbps with no hiccups. Thanks much for the quick input, guys. JCR
Pages: [1]   Go Up