INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting sampling rates suddenly stopped working -- MC reporting "Skipped"  (Read 1389 times)

Butters

• Recent member

Greetings,

For the purpose of device compatibility, I am attempting to downsample various flac files to either 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz, via Media Center 23.0.91.

I was successful with 192000 Hz files, 176400 Hz files, and 96000 Hz files.

When I attempted to downsample 88200 Hz files, MC reported "Skipped" for every file in the queue.
Testing a hunch, while troubleshooting, I tried, again, with 192000, 176400, and 9600 Hz files, where minutes ago I had success, and sadly they, too, will no longer convert.

I rebooted my PC.  That did not help.

Does MC have a bug or limitation, when it comes to converting flac files?

This link is a screen capture of my effort:
https://youtu.be/eE7ZsXhENgA

(Sorry that the video is not sharp -- for reasons unknown, it got somewhat blurred after upload to youtube -- viewing in full screen helps a bit)

Please advise.

Thank you.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Simplistic answer:
Could it be that the files already exist in that folder and that they're being skipped because of that?

Butters

• Recent member

Good idea.  Unfortunately, the directory is empty.
I also created a new directory elsewhere, and pointed the output there.  Still got the same "Skipped" result.

I opened my older version (22.0.108) of MC.
That version worked -- it happily converted each tagged file's sampling rate.

Then I went back to my current version (23.0.91), using a new, empty directory.  Same problem.
Then I, again, went back to my old version (22.0.108), and it worked.

What is puzzling is that 23.0.91 was doing the conversions.  I did 3 sets of them.  On the 4th set, it decided to throw in the towel.
 ?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"

update to 94 and see if that helps....just a thought
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Has MC put the files into the "Bad" database for some reason?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Butters

• Recent member

The converter function has an option that reads:
"Skip conversion if the original and destination are the same file type"

I must have accidentally checked that option.  Once unchecked, all was well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up