INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA server does not work with Sony Blu-Ray renderer  (Read 4511 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DLNA server does not work with Sony Blu-Ray renderer
« on: January 24, 2018, 07:29:50 pm »

I am trying to use MC as a DLNA server with my Sony Blu-Ray player but am getting the following log error:

0079188: 1809071808: General: CDLNADeviceServiceCaller::CallServiceFunction: DLNA function call failed or timeout! url = http://192.168.1.126:52323/upnp/control/AVTransport function = SetAVTransportURI execution time = 83 ms of 6000 ms.
0079188: 1809071808: Sharing Plugins: CDLNADeviceConnectionStatus::NotifyCommunicatedWithDevice: Error communicating with device: Blu-ray Disc Player

My Windows machine with the same library works fine as a DLNA server with the Blu-Ray player as a renderer. I can also use my MC Linux DLNA server perfectly with MC DLNA renderers on other computers in my network. I just cannot get it to work with the Sony Blu-Ray DLNA client. I have also tried toggling the troubleshooting settings for the DLNA server with no success.

I can see the Sony Blu-Ray Renderer as a device in playing now, although I cannot see the Linux MC DLNA server on the Blu-Ray. However, I can see my Windows MC DLNA server on the Blu-Ray player.

I have tried this on multiple Linux machines with and without firewalls.

I have also tried disabling the server firewall without success.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
Re: DLNA server does not work with Sony Blu-Ray renderer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 12:12:32 am »

In setup, network settings,  on the Sony, does it see the Linux MC?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:09:18 am »

In setup, network settings,  on the Sony, does it see the Linux MC?

No, it does not. But it can see my MC Windows DLNA server.

I also just checked my Roku. It also doesn't see my Linux MC server, but can see my MC Windows server.

All of my MC renderers (clients) can see all of the other other DLNA servers, including the Linux MC servers. So it appears that non-MC applications cannot see my Linux MC server(s).

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 01:51:58 am »

I take it the network is ok? The Linux box can ping those non MC renderers?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 03:09:52 am »

No problems with the network. Everything is on the same subnet, I can ping all of the machines and devices without issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 07:07:08 am »

Is Media Network turned on?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 10:36:08 am »

Yes, it is turned on. In fact I use Gizmo to connect to my Linux MC servers without any issues. I also have the DLNA settings enabled.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 02:55:14 pm »

You do know that DLNA servers past a certain number need to be enabled on Sony DLNA renderers in their settings, right?

If the Linux one doesn't show up you may have to enable it and that means if you are at the max number of servers Sony supports (which is a pretty small number) you would have to disable one of the existing server entries.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 04:01:25 pm »

I have noticed more than once that on the MC server all boxes (Server, Renderer, Controller) may need to be checked for proper DLNA control, at least initially.

This may apply to both Win and Linux MC. I can't replicate this error, therefore never reported it. When it happened (MC to MC, MC to Volumio), I never got audio out, and the renderer would "play" a few seconds of each track in the list (no audio). The only cure was selecting all options for DLNA control on the server for it to work (at least initially).
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 04:23:34 pm »

You do know that DLNA servers past a certain number need to be enabled on Sony DLNA renderers in their settings, right?

But that would not explain why the op can see the renderer in his Windows MC instance?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:54 pm »

But that would not explain why the op can see the renderer in his Windows MC instance?
Yes.
I was taking the issues one at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up