INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monkeymote connection issue after streaming device is restarted  (Read 1791 times)

moggi1964

• Recent member
Monkeymote connection issue after streaming device is restarted
« on: February 04, 2018, 07:19:45 am »

Setup:
This may be a post that should go to the Monkeymote support but I figured I should check my JRiver settings are correct first.

MC23.0.91 64bit running as server on Windows 10 desktop accessing music files on a hard drive
Streaming content via Wi-Fi in home network to Pioneer XC-HM86D.
Using an older iPad running ios9 with Monkeymote
Running a single DNLA server

When I have shut down the Pioneer and the iPad and later switch them on again the Pioneer connects to the DNLA server and Monkeymote connects to MC23 however when I press Play it plays at the Windows 10 computer and not on the Pioneer. I have to then go to the computer and click on the Pioneer in the Playing Now list to get the Monkeymote interface to work with the Pioneer.

Gizmo doesn't have this problem on my Android but I need to use the iPad for household member with visual impairment.

Any input or suggestions are welcomed (including take this to Monkeymote if that is the best option).

Thanks.

I should add that given the ios version won't support JRemote I am left with Monkeymote or Panel but panel is very very slow to respond to inputs such as swiping though the list of albums.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Monkeymote connection issue after streaming device is restarted
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:26:51 am »

Panel might work better with 23.0.96. It's at the top of the MC23 board.

moggi1964

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:00:20 am »

Panel might work better with 23.0.96. It's at the top of the MC23 board.

Thanks JimH, trying it shortly. Will post back.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 10:11:29 am »

I should add that given the ios version won't support JRemote I am left with Monkeymote or Panel but panel is very very slow to respond to inputs such as swiping though the list of albums.

I have JRemote on an iPad running iOS9. I bought it before the last JRemote update, but I believe that if you attempt to buy the latest version the app store will tell you it doesn't run on iOS9, and then it will ask if you want to see an older, compatible version.

moggi1964

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 04:52:55 pm »

Thanks DJ, I'll have a look at that.

Jim, Panel is better on the latest release. Good call.
Pages: [1]   Go Up