INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Product Request: Media Center Player  (Read 1519 times)

wburkett

• World Citizen
Product Request: Media Center Player
« on: February 07, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »

I'm not sure where to make this request - somewhere in Devices seems appropriate.

I carry my music around on an external hard drive and I need to have some kind of device to access that drive and a music player software on the device to play the music.  Usually this is a PC with JMRC on it - but that is real overkill.  What I would love, and can't find, and would like to suggest to JRiver to think about developing, is a device that I can connect to my hard drive and speakers or headphones and play music.   Just an ipod-like or phone-sized device with Media Center preloaded would be fantastic. 

I don't think such a thing exists anywhere (correct me if I'm wrong).  And if this isn't a good place for this suggestion, can you redirect me (or this post) to the right place?  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Product Request: Media Center Player
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:21:57 pm »

Maybe the IdPi comes close enough.

https://jriver.com/Id/

You can use the HiFi Berry Amp2 to add a small DAC and AMP:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113185.msg782505.html#msg782505

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 05:44:02 pm »

If you have an Android phone that supports USB on-the-go then VLC on your phone should work.

B4Unyu

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 10:32:42 pm »

...or select from the many portable hi-res players on the market now, with the features you want and more, under $100 to several thousand dollars -have your pick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up