INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 20, Presonus StudioLive 16 and Sonar Platinum  (Read 1317 times)

DrLunk

JRiver 20, Presonus StudioLive 16 and Sonar Platinum
« on: February 12, 2018, 01:59:26 pm »

I have a home recording studio centered around Sonar Platinum with a Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 (ASIO).  Separately, I also have a media server powered by JRiver 20 with 3 additional computers running JRiver 20.  The media system is working well as is the recording rig.  I wanted to give access to the studio rig to the media server so I installed JRiver 20 on the studio computer.  Like all the other machines on the network, the studio computer connected to the Media server and so now I have access to my media library in the studio.  However, installing JRiver has completely disrupted the audio inputs and outputs in Sonar.  All of the ASIO StudioLive Inputs have been greyed out, leaving me with no recording inputs.  On the Output side, all the ASIO StudioLive Outputs have been greyed out and 8 JRiver Media Center 20 output have appeared.  Trying to use any of these outputs results in an error message saying that the specified outputs are not compatible.

Needless to say, a recording studio is less than worthless with no inputs or outputs.  I've tried various audio settings in JRiver Tools to circumvent the problem without success.

Any help will be appreciated

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver 20, Presonus StudioLive 16 and Sonar Platinum
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:09:29 pm »

That's a Sony bug, but you can disable MC's ASIO driver in MC's features and reboot.

DrLunk

Re: JRiver 20, Presonus StudioLive 16 and Sonar Platinum
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 04:19:23 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.  Turns out all I had to do was deselect the JRiver drivers in Sonar's I/O section.  As soon as I did, the Presonus drivers became active.  Also found that I need to use Windows 7 sound mixer to balance the audio output between JRiver and other audio applications.
Pages: [1]   Go Up