INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library no longer updating  (Read 1221 times)

tea4me

• Recent member
Library no longer updating
« on: January 03, 2019, 01:02:04 am »

I have been happily using JRiver for the last 5 years but during the last 3 weeks have found that my library is no longer updating itself. I use a number of mapped network drives to my server, 1 for TV series, 1 for documentaries, 1 for films etc and have always used the auto import function which has now stopped working. If I try and manually add a folder using the import function JRiver fails to add its contents even though they are visible within file explorer and can be played using VLC, the majority of files are mkv format. I am running Windows 10 and have uninstalled/re-installed JRiver and am using the 24.0.72 version of JRiver.
Any thoughts or ideas on how I can solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library no longer updating
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 02:42:25 am »

Quick reply: Do the files you are trying to add already exist (or have previously existed) in the library?

As a Sanity check these are my import settings:

Yes Analyze audio for audio files
No Analyze audio for video files
Yes Build thumbnails
Yes Get cover art
Yes Get movie & TV info
No Ignore files previously removed from library
Yes Update for external changes
Fix broken links Yes (protect files on missing drives)
No  Write file tags when analyzing audio, getting cover art, and applying folder-based tags

Spike

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 11:25:50 am »

Perhaps something is blocking MC from those mapped drives.

tea4me

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 01:31:51 am »

Hi both and thanks for your thoughts,
The files are newly added to my server and have not existed previously.
I've checked my settings against yours, the only difference was that I did not have Build thumbnails ticked, I've done this now and manually run the import and the library is still missing new files.
I can't see anything that would block MC from accessing the network drives, I have tried opened explorer and manually checking the location of the new files before trying to update the library - still no luck.
Any other suggestions would be welcome as the system not picking up new media is beginning to frustrate the rest of the family.

Spike1000

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 02:43:22 am »

Hmm, can you browse to the file's location with 'Drives & Devices' in the left hand window? Can you right click and 'Import into library' from there?

Spike

MikeO

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 05:43:20 am »

Sounds daft , is your file directory still in the auto import list

tea4me

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 10:14:47 am »

No joy with importing via Drives and Devices however I have resolved the issue by reverting to a six month old database and running auto import - this has updated my library with all of the recent additions.
Many thanks for the suggestions made and for taking the time to reply to Spike1000, swiv3d & MikeO
Pages: [1]   Go Up