INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Playback error [Solved]  (Read 3757 times)

zonka

• World Citizen
Problem with Playback error [Solved]
« on: February 27, 2018, 10:21:19 pm »

This one is frustrating.  I haven't made any changes.  My music is on my windows 7 pc hardwired via ethernet to a Nuc Id (running Linux) with an hdmi connection to my Marantz receiver.
The error says "Problem with Playback" Details:  The file could not be found.  Check that the filename in the library matches the filename on disk.

This happens to any song I try to play - for a brief second I see the artwork show up then I get the air (I never hear any actual audio).
I'm trying to play under the audio>files menus under my mnt/myshare (though I've tried by album, artist, etc... same error every time).

Again, I haven't changed a thing and it worked the last time I played it (yesterday).
I tried erasing the mount and reloaded the library from a backup with no success.

I'll take any/all suggestions.  Thanks:)

zonka

• World Citizen
Re: Help! "Problem with Playback" error
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 11:02:18 pm »

I unplugged the ethernet cable and restarted and it worked....solved:)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:16:10 pm »

I unplugged the ethernet cable and restarted and it worked....solved:)
It's possible there is an issue with your DHCP server.
If if happens again, go to the Id and do function 11 to see if it has an IP address.

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 06:47:33 pm »

The problem is back and persistent.  Now, most every time I turn on my receiver it doesn't see the Nuc.  I've tried a different cable, tried plugging it into a different input - nothing works.  After several reboots - it will sometimes work.  Then it is a 50/50 on whether I get the "can't play back the file not found error" (or similar words).  On the relatively rare occurrence that it does start to work I get a Bing Crosby Christmas album cover behind my music.

These may or more may not be related but I'm getting fed up with the fight.  I want to turn it on and have it work - every time - like my Oppo 103 has done from day 1 with an ethernet connection (as the Nuc has). 

I'm about ready to send the Nuc back.....it really shouldn't be this hard.  Every other piece of hardware/software I've tried has worked perfectly with my system without an error - until now.  I love the video bells and whistles when listening to my music - it looks great on my tv screen (the artwork and options, etc...) when it is working, which is pretty rare these days.

I really need some help if someone has any ideas - I would love to keep this but it should work every time I turn it on.

Here are the connections - Windows 7 with all my music files >ethernet to the Nuc Id>Hdmi to my Marantz receiver>Hdmi to the TV.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »

Please send it back.

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 10:12:44 pm »

I didn't realize you had replied before me today.  I checked my network info and it looked like it was all there.  I really want this to work because I like the look and customization of your software (plus I'm finally starting to get my head around how most of it works). 
Do you think I might have more luck with putting my own Nuc together with a Windows system, so it is Windows on both ends?  I just can't figure out why it is so unstable - again these are all happening at some time or other:  my receiver fails to see an input where the Nuc is, or it says no files found when I click a file to play, or it freezes and won't respond to a keyboard, remote, or mouse, and the mouse/keyboard/remote button presses have a full 1 second, or more lag.
Could it be something having to do with artwork?  I've got over 100,000 files and a huge percentage are properly tagged in the file itself but there is also a "folder" jpeg in the file itself.  I think I read somewhere on a thread that can cause problems.

If I can't find any answers in the next week - are there any particulars I need to be aware of when I return the Nuc?  Any special address or instructions?

Still looking to get this going properly, though, if anyone has suggestions.

Thanks

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 05:18:27 am »

After doing some tagging on many albums which are backups of my cd collection, I came across the 'something went wrong with playback' error many times.  It took me a while to identify the problem.  There was a very minor difference between the filename on the hdd and the filename in JRiver, so mc could not find the file it wanted.
In my case it was as simple as and extra "-” in the filename, so it was difficult to spot.
I am now having to adjust this. I am deleting the album from JRiver, then re-importing the album from the hdd. Then it plays just fine.

In a couple of cases, the filepath had become confused somehow, so JR had 2 files for each song! (One was media/backupcd/title, and the other erroneous one was media/backupcd/backupcd/title.) Obviously JR could not find the second one hence playback error.

This is just my experience and it may not be the answer for you - but worth checking.

zonka

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 10:36:09 am »

Thanks for the idea. The weird thing about my problem is that I don't change any files at all in JRiver. I add/change things on my PC not in JRiver on the Nuc.
I use the Nuc purely as an player so network path to my PC shouldn't change.
I should also add that I use JRiver in Files mode so it acts like a traditional file structure in windows.
Thanks for trying to help.  Any all suggestions may be the one:)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with Playback error [Solved]
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 10:21:25 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up