INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPDATED -Help with J River and JDS EL Dac (Asio)  (Read 1172 times)

andyfrut

• Recent member
UPDATED -Help with J River and JDS EL Dac (Asio)
« on: March 10, 2018, 06:41:47 pm »

UPDATE
JDS Labs help me and Savi Audio send me a fixed version of the driver, now every works fine with J River 23 and 24. They upload the new driver to the official page of the El Dac too. Thank you for the advice.

*Original post*
Hi, sorry for my english (I'm spanish). My problem is with the JDS El Dac in Asio mode (with the official driver BRAVO HD AUDIO). I have Windows 10, JRiver 23 (64 bit) and when I play music with the same Khz, 44.1 Khz for example everything works fine, but when I'm listening something in 44.1 Khz and then I try to play a song with 96 Khz the music stops, JRiver show "buffering..." and then it crashes. If I open JRiver again and try to play in asio it crashes again, just in wasapi the problem is gone. Something interesing is that if I play a song in 44.1 Khz in asio, then change to another in 96 Khz but in wasapi, and play again the 96 Khz file but with asio again it works fine.

The asio driver of my Fiio x5 3rd gen works great. And in foobar my EL DAC works fine with the same asio driver, so I can't understand where is the problem with JRiver 22/23. I try the 32 bit version of the JRiver and nothing. Now I'm upsampling everything to 96 kHZ and it works, but I want to know if there any other solution in bitperfect mode, I really love JRiver but asio is important for me, the sound quality is better in comparison with wasapi in this system, it sounds more smooth and with more body in the mids/bass.

Thank You.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with J River and JDS EL Dac (Asio)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 06:47:33 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

If it works when the bitrate and sample rate are the same, but it fails when they change, it may be a driver problem.

andyfrut

• Recent member
Re: Help with J River and JDS EL Dac (Asio)
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:26:12 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

If it works when the bitrate and sample rate are the same, but it fails when they change, it may be a driver problem.

UPDATE
JDS Labs help me and Savi Audio send me a fixed version of the driver, now every works fine with J River 23 and 24. They upload the new driver to the official page of the El DAC too. Thank you for your advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up