INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 skips film folder (#snapshot problem?)  (Read 2531 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
MC23 skips film folder (#snapshot problem?)
« on: April 04, 2018, 02:41:00 am »

Hi,

I just bought a new NAS (Synology) with support for snapshot replication. One of the folders on this NAS is devoted to movies but whatever I try MC23 does not read it, by which I mean that none of the films in this folder are recognised, whereas previously this same folder on the old NAS gave no problems.

The problems started immediately after I moved everything to the new NAS when MC got itself into a loop and rather than finding nothing in the movie folder it had recognised over 30000 films and was still finding more. I identified the problem as being the #snapshot replication folder placed by the OS inside the movie folder, so I excluded it explicitly. But now MC skips this folder altogether and only "picks up" the films in the #recycle folder.

The folder structure is:
Film
   #recycle (folder)
   #snapshot (folder)
   movie_title1 (folder)
   movie_title2 (folder)

When I do not exclude the #snapshot folder from the import/watched folder MC does import everything but multiple copies of everything (as it works itself through the #snapshot folder). At least this shows it is not a permission issue.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

PS. I tried adding an individual film by choosing its folder and that works without a problem.

PSS. I tried MC on a Windows 7 PC. First I deleted all files from the library and then imported the movie folder again with the snapshot folder excluded. Of the more than 1000 films it imported about 7. I repeated the exercise on a MacBook Pro, there only 3 films were imported in addition to those in the recycle folder. Curiouser and curiouser...

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC23 skips film folder (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 02:30:27 am »

Problem solved. It turns out not to have been the snapshot folder at all but some internal problem in MC, because the moment I cleared the library the problem was solved and everything imported again as expected. It was a message after a failed import saying something along the lines of "files previously deleted skipped" that suggested that a clearing of the library was needed.

torgny

• Recent member
Re: MC23 skips film folder (SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 07:24:42 pm »

I keep struggling with the same problem.  Autoimport pulls in hundreds of files and immediately deletes them again ("import skipped previously deleted").  How do you go about clearing the previously deleted tag?

Problem solved. It turns out not to have been the snapshot folder at all but some internal problem in MC, because the moment I cleared the library the problem was solved and everything imported again as expected. It was a message after a failed import saying something along the lines of "files previously deleted skipped" that suggested that a clearing of the library was needed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC23 skips film folder (#snapshot problem?)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 07:51:46 pm »

I keep struggling with the same problem.  Autoimport pulls in hundreds of files and immediately deletes them again ("import skipped previously deleted").  How do you go about clearing the previously deleted tag?
It's an option for auto import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up