INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outstanding request for resume play  (Read 2657 times)

Harroun4

• World Citizen
Outstanding request for resume play
« on: April 06, 2018, 01:35:05 am »

At version 20 of MC. I made suggestion to add "resume play" or continue from last listened to music. Every time we change a play list, car radio, or what ever list we are forced to start at the beginning of the list. So the first track is the first played in each list. Without having user interaction.

But now I do see when pushing my automobile push buttons, it starts playing with the first track. For the first time this is OK. Afterwards, it very boring way to use especially with large collections, as in 6500 albums.

THis is a good starting point, to add this feature to. One suggestion is us a standard programing funciton max, finds the maximum value, in this cast we need the locaiton of the latest played date in the list of tags, simple think to do, make the track play. Or, if that is difficult, each time the track plays, using the tag with the path to the current playing track and save to be used on the next start up.

I cannot run my computer longer than 24 hours and must reboot if I am using MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Outstanding request for resume play
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 06:30:06 am »

You could use the pause button instead of the stop button.

You could set the playlists to be shuffled if you want something different each time.

You could use smartlists.

You could use Play Doctor.

Please start a separate thread for the stability issue.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:01:30 pm »

I tried using pause button. Does not work. For both car radio buttons and smart lists. I listening to one track in either car radio or smart list. Push pause and then change to different car radio button and it starts up at the top of the new list. Change back to original button and it starts at the beginning of the lists. Smart lists work a little different. Change to different smart list and push play button and it plays the last selection of the playing now. This obviously does not work.

For classical music, which most of mine is shuffle play is out of the question. Most classical music needs to be played in the order the tracks are laid down on the album. The few times I have tried it in other genres the results are most unlistenable.

I will give play doctor a try later, but not encouraged.

I do not understand using a separate thread?

Ripping with your program is still a frustrating experience. Maybe for a couple of CD’s OK, but more than a few and requires the rebooting thing.

Attached is a photo of another issue I raised about editing foreign fonts that require use of complex characters, IE: Thai fonts, the editing window appears to use standard fonts and makes the text unreadable. Look closely at the attached photo track 6 Name is unreadable compared to track 5 which is not in edit mode. I am sure that several other languages here in Asia will have the same problem. Japanese, Chinese, Lao, Burma.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 05:42:57 pm »

I noticed that you are using MC20.  That's a few years old now.  I don't know if the problems you have are fixed in MC23, but it might be worth taking a look at it.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 06:25:53 pm »

MC20 is when I first reported it. I am using MC23 and just checked and it is still there with MC23 if I try to edit my Thai music.

Incidentally, The goal is to sort music albums out by genre so continuous play is pleasant. Then playback encourages naturally stepping through the entire collection. Whenever changing genre (how every the change is made) playback continues with the last played track.

This essentially emulates the old Sony 400 disc CD changers. This was my previous playback system. There were 12 players I programmed with Creston system. It required the absolute minimum of user interface to enjoy. One button push only 99.9% of the time. However Sony no longer supports the player so it is difficult to keep them running and moving back to Thailand from USA, shipping 4 racks out and installing in studio apartment was not reasonable.

If I had experience with PC programing I would write my own program as I did with Creston. I have looked at PC programming and it is a different ball game from the PLC and other automation devices I have worked with. But at 75 years of age, I don't think I have enough time left to learn and then write a working program.

Regards, Harroun
BKK

PS: I believe a better option to view additional art work for each album is make the display screen active and a mouse click steps through the available images. Or even make an option to rotate through each available image. I did this with Creston. Us forgetful people forget how to call up the additional images on MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 06:50:25 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up