INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanetly Delete by Mistake... any Recovery Options  (Read 705 times)

dreandre

• Junior Woodchuck
Permanetly Delete by Mistake... any Recovery Options
« on: April 14, 2018, 04:00:58 am »

Hey Team,

Some how I have permanently deleted many files by mistake.  I was working with a filtered list using the wizard in the search bar.  I had selected a set of files that were duplicate.  I deleted and chose permanently delete and my whole filtered list disappeared.  These were very import files because they were not music but live recordings of spoken word.

I tried to restore a backup but the files did not return.  I also browsed to the location and not only were the files gone, but the entire folder was gone as well.  I'm hoping somehow there is a known issue that that I can get these files back somehow.  Please let me know your thoughts! 

Thanks in Advance, Andre

BernhardS

• World Citizen
Re: Permanetly Delete by Mistake... any Recovery Options
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 05:11:22 am »

what backup: library or OS? In Windows may help restore the windows image backup if you included the lokation you store your files when creating the image backup. You can try "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard"
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Permanetly Delete by Mistake... any Recovery Options
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 07:09:41 am »

If the files are very important, there are utilities to recover them.  Do an Internet search to read about them.  Don't use the computer if you plan to do this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up