INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 23 Mac plays 320k MP3 no matter what rez the music file is  (Read 1798 times)

ronozer

I thought the server was working well playing to my Denon 3300 receiver via Media Server input which supports 24 bit files (and has worked off and on with Twonky server, but JRiver gets better reviews and Twonky freezes or stops playing at all regularly). Now however I see when I put my TV on that all the playback is at 320 kbps mp3 despite the files being 16 bit CD quality or 24 bit 96 or 192 ALAC mostly.  I know 192 ALAC is not supported, but the others are. For example playing a 24 bit file using the Media Center 23 on Mac and choosing Denon as output device, the file shows 5390 kbps on the Media Center screen, but on my TV screen showing the Denon media server play screen it says 320 kbps which is clearly mp3. Very frustrating!  I have the audio conversion options set to do not convert for bit perfect streaming I thought...  Help!  I am on a free trial and will pay if I can get working... Or suggest a better product..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can set the conversion on the server under Tools > Options > Media Network > add or edit servers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up