INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW Media Center 24 Upgrade for the Id  (Read 17250 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: NEW Media Center 24 Upgrade for the Id
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2018, 10:57:03 am »

I am connecting to the PiID via monitor connected by HDMI and usb mouse and keyboard.  The ID: 24.0.7  MC: 24.0.28

I will return the sd card to Deana with all of the licensing information written on the same folder you sent me.  Let me know if there is  anything else you need to know.  Ed

This might be a hardware issue related to your Raspberry Pi. We plugged the card into a Raspberry Pi 3 here and it seems to work fine, even after loading one of the library backups. Are there more steps to reproducing the problems?

We can rebuild the Pi card with the latest version but that might not fix the issue if there is a problem with the Raspberry Pi.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2018, 11:20:19 am »

Thanks.  I'm Id NUC so will check back for the upgrade.

jacevedo

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 05:59:21 pm »

I have an idpi model 3b with a 10/100gbps lan, but I would like to have the 3b+ version because the lan is 1000gbps on the 3b+. Are you selling an idpi 3b+ fully cooked ??
 If yes how can I order it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2018, 01:15:48 am »

The IdPi is a B+ now.  Just send an e-mail to sales at jriver from your paypal address.  Thanks.

ecjr

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2018, 09:05:14 am »

I am still struggling with the raspberry and ID running on it and have come to the conclusion as you suggested that it is probably a hardware problem.  I am thinking of ordering the B+ board but am not sure if when you reloaded my SD Card you also update the software to be compatible with the B+ card.  If you can find out I would much appreciate it.  Would hate to order this card and then find out that the ID software won't run on it.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 05:58:04 am »

I am still struggling with the raspberry and ID running on it and have come to the conclusion as you suggested that it is probably a hardware problem.  I am thinking of ordering the B+ board but am not sure if when you reloaded my SD Card you also update the software to be compatible with the B+ card.  If you can find out I would much appreciate it.  Would hate to order this card and then find out that the ID software won't run on it.

I'm running an IdPi from a 3 B+ RPi board. What you need to make that happen is a "versionless" IdPi uSD card. I did the return back to JRiver before it was possible to do the OTA upgrade and eventually the revised card worked fine.

I did have some issues with early versions that weren't fully explained:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115769.0.html
but in the end no issue because with a bit of bob-magic it was sorted out.

I doubt you'll have my problems unless you get a dud card and if that unlikely situation was to happen, you'd undoubtedly be able to process a return.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

BradATIMA

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2018, 08:30:27 am »

Your card was upgraded to be compatible with the Pi 3 B+ when you returned it.

t.mauery

• Recent member
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2018, 10:05:49 pm »

What do I need to do to be able to run with the DigiOne on MC24? I got my Id SD card around 5/1/2018, just got around to installing on my RPi 3 B+. DigiOne doesn't show up in the audio device list, even after I checked for updates at the main menu.
Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2 | Parasound Halo A23 | Schiit Gungnir Multi-bit | Tascam CD-240
RaspPi 4B 8GB | Allo DigiOne Signature | JRiver Media Center 26
Salk Silk AT | SVS SB13 Ultra

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2018, 12:50:00 am »

Welcome to Id World.   What port is it plugged in to?  Please describe the connection.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2018, 12:54:17 am »

You could read about audio devices here:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id_Install_Guide

t.mauery

• Recent member
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2018, 05:32:44 pm »

Here's what I'm running:
RaspPi 3B+
Allo DigiOne HAT (output SPDIF or BNC)
JRiver Id (MC 24) purchased around May 1, 2018

When I select option 10 on the main menu to show audio device info, I don't see anything that looks like "allo" or "digione" like I was expecting.

Perhaps I'm naive, but when running the Id version of linux, I don't know how to bring up a terminal window, so I can't update the dtoverlay in the config.txt file.
Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2 | Parasound Halo A23 | Schiit Gungnir Multi-bit | Tascam CD-240
RaspPi 4B 8GB | Allo DigiOne Signature | JRiver Media Center 26
Salk Silk AT | SVS SB13 Ultra

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 07:43:50 pm »

Here's what I'm running:
RaspPi 3B+
Allo DigiOne HAT (output SPDIF or BNC)
JRiver Id (MC 24) purchased around May 1, 2018

When I select option 10 on the main menu to show audio device info, I don't see anything that looks like "allo" or "digione" like I was expecting.

Perhaps I'm naive, but when running the Id version of linux, I don't know how to bring up a terminal window, so I can't update the dtoverlay in the config.txt file.

Users are locked out of the IdPi (by design) for lining up an SSH / putty session.

Regarding different Pi HATs / Shields, check here for more info:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111937.0.html
... and this post specifically:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111937.msg773593.html#msg773593
... I've not tried the overlay modification option discussed. That may well be a "you're on your own" kind of deal but it would be preferable if the JRiver devs could expand the software's capability to allow the user to do a pick and shoot. I'm aware of an alternate DLNA audio rendering software/OS package that offers just this sort of thing, so that tells me it's not an impossibility to implement.

I threw this out on a different thread to try and coax a bit of dev action:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115547.msg799314.html#msg799314
but haven't noticed anything substantial.

I recently got a pi2design 502DAC but the IdPi is coming up with a blank in line with your experience. Refer above for comments regarding the overlay / config.txt file.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2018, 02:06:56 am »

Users are locked out of the IdPi (by design) for lining up an SSH / putty session.

Regarding different Pi HATs / Shields, check here for more info:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111937.0.html
... and this post specifically:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111937.msg773593.html#msg773593
... I've not tried the overlay modification option discussed. That may well be a "you're on your own" kind of deal but it would be preferable if the JRiver devs could expand the software's capability to allow the user to do a pick and shoot. I'm aware of an alternate DLNA audio rendering software/OS package that offers just this sort of thing, so that tells me it's not an impossibility to implement.

I threw this out on a different thread to try and coax a bit of dev action:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115547.msg799314.html#msg799314
but haven't noticed anything substantial.

I recently got a pi2design 502DAC but the IdPi is coming up with a blank in line with your experience. Refer above for comments regarding the overlay / config.txt file.

I used the method suggested by @duncan4791 at:
For my pi2design 502DAC, I added the following to /boot/config.txt:
Code: [Select]
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplusand I'm now getting audio out of the S/PDIF RCA/Coaxial adaptor from the BNC output on the shield. So, I'm a happy camper now. Feed me a 'smore ...  ;)

From my observation of the IdPi Id 24.0.7 overlay folder, I would agree with @duncan4791 that there is a fair showing of audio HATs/Shields that the IdPi could potentially pick up on. The barriers to confirming function in practice seem to be those with the hardware willing to modify the config.txt file to suit and/or JRiver providing a menu based method to select alternate overlays.

rknox

• Recent member
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2018, 02:30:56 am »

I just upgraded my id version 20.0.100 to 24 following instructions here.  Although things didn't go quite as described, I eventually had 24 running - verified version etc.   However, when I attempted to install the license - I used my original id 20 license, it was rejected.  Also, mc 24 no longer runs even in trial mode.  Which license should I be using to activate 24 on Id?

BradATIMA

« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2018, 08:54:33 am »

I just upgraded my id version 20.0.100 to 24 following instructions here.  Although things didn't go quite as described, I eventually had 24 running - verified version etc.   However, when I attempted to install the license - I used my original id 20 license, it was rejected.  Also, mc 24 no longer runs even in trial mode.  Which license should I be using to activate 24 on Id?

The Media Center 20 Id license will not work. You need to use a Media Center 22 Id license or a Media Center Id License. Item one in the following instructions explains how to obtain the license you need.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110326.msg762788.html#msg762788

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2018, 05:10:31 am »

Hi Jim et al
I have just attempted to upgrade my ID MC22 installation to MC24 but have problems. My original setup is defined as ID:22.0.81 MC:22.0.112 and EUGEN:1.0.69

1. I went through the firmware upgrade path as detailed in article 110326 using image idxrepair3.img (bootable USB created with rufus2_3) All seemed OK but the new setup is defined as ID:22.0.83 MC:23.0.102 EUGEN 1.0.69. Where did the MC 23 come from??? I used option 18 in the menu to reinstate the licence as instructed. I verified my key with Deanna a short time ago.

2. I use a network share to source my media \\McWMedia\McWMusic this connection has disappeared. I'm sure I can reinstate it but should I need to? I did restore the library details that I backed up . . may be this restore is only for locally hosted media ??

Can any one help complete my MC24 upgrade please . . I have tried several option 12 'Check for updates' but no further advancement is acheived.

Thanks
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Synology DS411 NAS server/JR ID24.0.17/MC26.0.107-5/Benchmark DAC1 USB/Rotel RC1590/RB1582Mk2/Bowers and Wilkins CM10S2/CM1S2/Ruark Dialogue/REL R205

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2018, 09:00:01 am »

Update - I have now reestablished access to my external media. Still not sure what went wrong but after reseting up the External Media connection in the menu, then configuring and running auto import, and also ensuring the correct input device was setup (my Benchmark USB DAC) all seamed to be OK.

So just left with the MC update to version 24. Is this something that has been compounded by the recent server compromises - would be good if someone could indicate if this is the case. I know Jim/Bob and every one at JRiver must be extremely stressed at present.

Regards
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Synology DS411 NAS server/JR ID24.0.17/MC26.0.107-5/Benchmark DAC1 USB/Rotel RC1590/RB1582Mk2/Bowers and Wilkins CM10S2/CM1S2/Ruark Dialogue/REL R205

BradATIMA

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2018, 10:03:33 am »

When you use option 12 from the main menu, make sure the Id is in GUI mode or that you do it remotely.

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2018, 02:59:56 pm »

Hi BradATIMA
Yes I was running in GUI mode and have just selected option 1 again to double check.
After the reboot (for gui mode) I selected option 12 again but (after that reboot) I'm still left with an MC23 as indicated before.

How come I was running MC22 and I then get to 23 I thought there wasn't an MC23 for the Id !!!

Anyway, how do I get to MC24 for the position I'm in. Thanks
Regards
Trevor
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White

BradATIMA

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2018, 04:36:46 pm »

Hi BradATIMA
Yes I was running in GUI mode and have just selected option 1 again to double check.
After the reboot (for gui mode) I selected option 12 again but (after that reboot) I'm still left with an MC23 as indicated before.

How come I was running MC22 and I then get to 23 I thought there wasn't an MC23 for the Id !!!

Anyway, how do I get to MC24 for the position I'm in. Thanks
Regards
Trevor

Try updating again. We made a couple of changes.

There was a version of Media Center 23 for the Id, but the transition to 24 was almost immediately after.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2018, 01:04:37 pm »

I have performed the update on my original IdNUC, first using the latest firmware repair, then using the mainmenu option 12, however, I am still not seeing MC 24. The version string is showing:

Id:24.0.6 MC:23.0.102 Engen:1.0.69

I have tried the option 12 update several times, and I can see that it is connecting to jessie several times. It claims there are 0 updates, however, a few seconds later it literally flashes a few messages that start with E: Unalbe to locate. See attached screen photos showing this moment.

After that it reboots and I am still seeing version 23. By the way, MC Help/About also reports version 23.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Many thanks, Rafal.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2018, 01:17:38 pm »

PS. Is it needed/recommended to update the NUC BIOS? Mine is 0059 and I see 0066 is available, but a quick read through  Intel release notes does not mention anything too relevant, mostly security-related issues (I assume that major Intel issue of a few months ago). Just wondering if it helps in any way, in particular the occasional getting stuck at reboot, when Id log writes "Will reboot" but it just hangs.

BradATIMA

« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2018, 03:32:13 pm »

The update issue is probably related to the recent server issue. We're working on fixing it.

You don't need to update the BIOS. What NUC model do you have: 2820 or NUC5?

BradATIMA

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2018, 04:21:54 pm »

I have performed the update on my original IdNUC, first using the latest firmware repair, then using the mainmenu option 12, however, I am still not seeing MC 24. The version string is showing:

Id:24.0.6 MC:23.0.102 Engen:1.0.69

I have tried the option 12 update several times, and I can see that it is connecting to jessie several times. It claims there are 0 updates, however, a few seconds later it literally flashes a few messages that start with E: Unalbe to locate. See attached screen photos showing this moment.

After that it reboots and I am still seeing version 23. By the way, MC Help/About also reports version 23.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Many thanks, Rafal.

Try updating again. It should be fixed now.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2018, 05:06:37 pm »

Try updating again. It should be fixed now.

Indeed, it worked! Thank you for your fixes, I now have MC 24.0.28 on Id 24.0.6.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2018, 05:09:17 pm »

You don't need to update the BIOS. What NUC model do you have: 2820 or NUC5?

I have the oldest one that you ever sold, first generation, the 2820. Over time I have kept it updated, hence it is on BIOS 0059 now, last updated July 2017. Many thanks for your help and suggestions.

BradATIMA

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2018, 07:38:11 am »

I have the oldest one that you ever sold, first generation, the 2820. Over time I have kept it updated, hence it is on BIOS 0059 now, last updated July 2017. Many thanks for your help and suggestions.

With the 2820's, BIOS 0048 was actually better at resolving the failure to reboot issue. However, with the latest Id version, you might not run into it anymore.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2018, 10:26:16 am »

With the 2820's, BIOS 0048 was actually better at resolving the failure to reboot issue. However, with the latest Id version, you might not run into it anymore.

Thank you, Brad. I will report about the reboots in a while, once I have enough data.

On another note, has anything changed that would make my receiver/amp (Anthem) to be unable to maintain or reconnect to Id’s HDMI between amp’s power toggles? This has been a long-running issue for me, which I was able to generally avoid, for long periods (months) if running Id in GUI mode, assuming that I have booted it with the amp on and listening to the Id (MC and Id 22). With the recent update I have noticed that if the amp powers off, and some time passes (overnight), upon the next amp start it gets no audio from Id, even though Id thinks it is playing (as also shown in the Audio Path). Rebooting Id is needed.

I am currently experimenting with the other modes, just now trying “Text with HDMI”, which, interestingly, now produces the Linux desktop, rather than the older text mode. I should know soon if it is more reliable at avoiding the “No signal” issue.

Many thanks,
Rafal

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2018, 10:43:26 am »

Thank you, Brad. I will report about the reboots in a while, once I have enough data.

On another note, has anything changed that would make my receiver/amp (Anthem) to be unable to maintain or reconnect to Id’s HDMI between amp’s power toggles? This has been a long-running issue for me, which I was able to generally avoid, for long periods (months) if running Id in GUI mode, assuming that I have booted it with the amp on and listening to the Id (MC and Id 22). With the recent update I have noticed that if the amp powers off, and some time passes (overnight), upon the next amp start it gets no audio from Id, even though Id thinks it is playing (as also shown in the Audio Path). Rebooting Id is needed.

I am currently experimenting with the other modes, just now trying “Text with HDMI”, which, interestingly, now produces the Linux desktop, rather than the older text mode. I should know soon if it is more reliable at avoiding the “No signal” issue.

Many thanks,
Rafal
Thanks for the report.
I've been looking into re-initializing the HDMI on the Id. There doesn't seem to be a standard way to do that. The only things I could find involve spoofing the EDID.
If you run into any interesting links let us know.

Text with HDMI shouldn't bring up the desktop, we'll check into that...

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2018, 10:52:27 am »

Thanks for the report.
I've been looking into re-initializing the HDMI on the Id. There doesn't seem to be a standard way to do that. The only things I could find involve spoofing the EDID.
If you run into any interesting links let us know.

Text with HDMI shouldn't bring up the desktop, we'll check into that...

Reinitialising HDMI sounds like a great idea. I will let you know how things work with the different modes.

“Text with HDMI” produces the desktop with the “mainmenu” app on it, but there is no MC GUI visible.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2018, 08:58:12 pm »

I just poke in an HDMI emulator / blind plug so that the Id thinks there's a monitor attached.

Means the display doesn't go whacko when I remote in. Works well enough until a better plan comes along.

Rafal Lukawiecki

• World Citizen
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2018, 02:36:59 am »

I just poke in an HDMI emulator / blind plug so that the Id thinks there's a monitor attached.

Means the display doesn't go whacko when I remote in. Works well enough until a better plan comes along.

Would you mind letting me know what device/model do you use? Thank you.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2018, 09:12:31 am »

Would you mind letting me know what device/model do you use? Thank you.

Just search the web for HDMI EDID Dummy Plug Headless Display Emulator and something useful should turn up that's not too expensive.

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2018, 03:43:28 pm »

Hi
Sorry about delay responding, I didn't get a notification about your last post and have only just logged in to see if there was more info.
Yes I have just tried a further update and have appeared to be able to update to version 24 OK.

I'm about to try the further update for the browser. I'll post again with status.

REgards
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2018, 03:59:59 pm »

Hi All,
Have successfully updated to MC 24.0.28. Can someone confirm this is the most current and includes all of the new browsing functionality.
My NAS based FLAC media is playing fine.

Regards
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2018, 05:00:26 pm »

It's the latest on the Id.  That may change next week.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2018, 04:59:22 am »

Hi All,
Have successfully updated to MC 24.0.28. Can someone confirm this is the most current and includes all of the new browsing functionality.
My NAS based FLAC media is playing fine.

Regards

From what I've observed/read (as a user), a big part of the Id's implementation philosophy is focussed on stability. Also, I can't say that I've seen some kind of "beta" or "latest" release mechanism for the Id, so I feel confident in saying that the "latest" release also (effectively) equals the "stable" release.

So, if in doubt do an update when the inclination takes you or you remember and see how you go &/or check back here. Generally the Id build doesn't change much unless there's a change in version or there's something significant going on. There was more frequent updating going on during revision / development of Engen but that has tapered off of late.

Weyeswon

• Recent member
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2018, 01:54:44 pm »

It's the latest on the Id.  That may change next week.

I updated 2 weeks ago and it said 24.0.46. Also, with that update, the new indexing for Panel (<A  ...  Z>) at the top of library thumbnails doesn't work right (will not page to in between A and Z on an iPad). But I will find where to post this in the Panel forum.

Thanks.

Hoss

• Recent member
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2019, 04:50:36 pm »

Hello.

Brand-new IdPi arrived today. I purchased this item for the sole reason of remote control capability of the device via PC in another area of the house. After installing (power, ethernet, usb out to DAC), MC25 from controller PC sees the Id in Playing Now and will allow selection. However, upon selecting a track, the word "waiting" appears below JRiver header for a few seconds before the player tries to jump to the next song. This will continue on endlessly unless stopped manually in most cases, but 1 in ~20 times, the track will appear to start to play for 5 seconds with no sound, then it stops. In about half of those instances, JRiver on the PC crashes.

I have tried selecting different DLNA servers on JRMC25 as well as re-installing the license code on the Id, both to no avail.

Thanks in advance.   

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2019, 12:22:10 am »

Before you try using the Id as a Renderer, please set up audio on the Id and make sure you can play from it.

Hoss

• Recent member
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2019, 06:04:50 am »

Before you try using the Id as a Renderer, please set up audio on the Id and make sure you can play from it.

Thank you for the reply, but I'm not sure I understand. I have no way to "play" from the Id other than as a renderer.

As for "setting up audio", does that simply mean selecting which audio output is used?

Thanks again.

Edit: Ahh, Just found the pre-loaded song on the IdPi... No, it does not play. I double-click it and it just stares back.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2019, 06:46:13 am »

As for "setting up audio", does that simply mean selecting which audio output is used?
Yes.  It needs to be able to play audio.  That requires choosing an output.  Tools > Options > Audio.

Please see "Audio Devices" on this page:

And the link to:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id_Audio_Devices

Hoss

• Recent member
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2019, 01:39:36 pm »

Yes.  It needs to be able to play audio.  That requires choosing an output.  Tools > Options > Audio.

Please see "Audio Devices" on this page:

And the link to:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id_Audio_Devices

Yes, Sir, it dawned on me that the "driver" needed to be selected in MC after my post, and that that was what you were talking about.

Got it all sorted now. Working like a charm. Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it as I'm not very tech savy.   

Shack

• Recent member
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2019, 05:18:40 pm »

Upgraded to Media Center 25, and Id Pi quit working. It is still showing the Media Center 23 and I get a prompt that the trial is expired. I'm unable to restore. It looks like there is a need to return the SD card for update. How do you do that? Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2019, 05:29:38 pm »

If it shows MC23, then the update didn't complete.  Try it again.

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2019, 08:58:21 am »

I am still having odd issues with my Id Pi.   I have the latest updates, using it with the HiFiBerry Digi+Pro and feeding it via coax into a Rotel AV receiver.  At times the sound will freeze, repeating a few seconds of music over and over again.  The only way to stop this is to unplug the power and wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

Sometimes I can play music for hours and it works fine, other times this happens after using it a few minutes.  I have noticed this playing hires content, as well as just streaming some 128k mp3 from the public radio database.

Has this issue been reported elsewhere?  It was happening before I upgraded to the latest MC, as well as with my older Pi.  I am now using the 3B+, but it still happens.

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2019, 09:10:07 am »

I am still having odd issues with my Id Pi.   I have the latest updates, using it with the HiFiBerry Digi+Pro and feeding it via coax into a Rotel AV receiver.  At times the sound will freeze, repeating a few seconds of music over and over again.  The only way to stop this is to unplug the power and wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.

Sometimes I can play music for hours and it works fine, other times this happens after using it a few minutes.  I have noticed this playing hires content, as well as just streaming some 128k mp3 from the public radio database.

Has this issue been reported elsewhere?  It was happening before I upgraded to the latest MC, as well as with my older Pi.  I am now using the 3B+, but it still happens.

Thanks!
Are you connecting to your network wired or wireless?

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2019, 10:00:12 am »

Wired connection

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2019, 03:03:43 pm »

Wired connection
I have a 3B with a HiFiBerry AMP2 which is similar in the DAC portion which works fine.
Did you change any of the Audio settings (other than the output device)?
For example, under Media Network settings there is a option for disabling the audio buffer to disk, that should be checked, we don't want to write to the sdcard continuously...
Beyond that, I'm suspicious of the power draw on your system, that's the usual source of flakiness.

Shack

• Recent member
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2019, 10:10:05 pm »

If it shows MC23, then the update didn't complete.  Try it again.
I'm still figuring out how to properly use the forum. Thanks for your help, I didn't realize I needed to update on the raspberry pi.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up