INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help please with convolution basics  (Read 2550 times)

nzlowie

Help please with convolution basics
« on: April 23, 2018, 09:58:48 pm »

Hi all, not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes.
I have JRiver and Audio Optimiser for my sounds and have a question around convolution. I run my DIY horn speakers with either a passive xover and one amp or minidsp controlled active. The passives sound good in a lot of ways but the FR isn't quite where it should be. I've been using REW to measure and tweak this system to reasonable effect. The dsp system gets a better FR but lacks some of the goodness of the passive xover.

Is the a tutorial anywhere that could walk me though the process of taking the REW measurements and producing a convolution file to be used by JRiver? This way hopefully I can get the best of both worlds, flat FR of DSP and open sound of the passive xover.

Appreciate any assistance with this.

Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help please with convolution basics
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:34:32 am »

There are threads on this subject elsewhere.  Did you try a search?  Use the Advanced search.

nzlowie

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 05:40:13 pm »

Help please to educate me in convolution....

I have JRiver and Audio Optimiser for my sounds and have a question around convolution. I run my DIY horn speakers with either a passive xover and one amp or minidsp controlled active. The passives sound good in a lot of ways but the FR isn't quite where it should be. I've been using REW to measure and tweak this system to reasonable effect. The dsp system gets a better FR but lacks some of the goodness of the passive xover.

I did a forum search and found lots of posts, trouble is they're specific question, I'm a total newbie!

Is the a tutorial anywhere that could walk me though the process of taking the REW measurements and producing a convolution file to be used by JRiver? This way hopefully I can get the best of both worlds, flat FR of DSP and open sound of the passive xover.

Appreciate any assistance with this.

Dave

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 05:48:57 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up