INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Panel : slow display of album covers  (Read 1368 times)

Niko

• Recent member
JRiver Panel : slow display of album covers
« on: April 24, 2018, 11:51:00 am »

Hi,

I've installed JRiver 23 on Windows (x64). When accessing to the JRiver Panel over different browsers, the album covers take a while to completely load.

Switching from one folder to another causes the covers to reload again and again, it takes many seconds before all are displayed and by surfing in my folders everytime it's loading all again from scratch.

It was really very much faster in all previous versions of JRiver I own.

Please help me to fix this slowness in album covers displaying through JRiver Panel.

Thanks in advance,
Nico

Niko

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Panel : slow display of album covers
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 02:05:38 am »

Hi,

I've tried to clear and rebuilt the library from scratch : it didn't helped.

I've added JRiver to the Windows Defender exclusion, but still the same issue.

Navigating per file view, in my main folder with 10 subfolders, it takes 1 second per subfolder to display the amount of content, then every 1 second 2-3 covers are displayed/loaded. To show and display the 10 subfolders with cover it take JRiver 15 to 20 seconds.

Moving down in a subfolder and again back to my main folder : all is loaded again with the same delay of 15-20 seconds.

Accessing the Panel from the physical computer where JRiver is running (localhost) or remotely doesn't change anything in the slow performance of display.

Strangely the issue doesn't occurs when using JRemote from my android devices, once he loaded a complete view, they seem to load it again from a local cache and the navigation in the folder/subfolders is quite efficient.

It doesn't seems to be browser related, with Firefox or with Chrome the bad performance in displaying the view is the same.

Do you have any tips ?

Everything was working perfectly with JRiver 22 and JRiver 23 beta.

If you have no solutions for me, I'll have to revert to JRiver 22 where all was running smoothly and I'll have to abandon the idea of upgrading my JRiver.

Thanks in advance for your help, let me know if you need further information.

Best regards,
Nico

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 05:19:38 am »

Panel runs very slowly for me too.
I never used Gizmo before it, so I don't know if it's comparable or not, but JRemote is significantly faster for browsing and navigation.

Niko

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 11:55:20 am »

Hi,

Thanks for your input RD James.

I tried installing MC 24 x24 : still the same issue

I reverted to MC 22 : Gizmo is working like a dream, it took less than a breath to display a cover on my 10 subfolders like I was used to.

May be the function of counting the content is too slow and has priority before displaying the covers !?

I would have appreciate some support here, I'm doing technical support the whole week at my job.

Please let me know if any improvement can be awaited regarding this, else I will stay with MC 22 has it's working fine for web access (like JRemote does).

Best regards,
Nico

Sauzee

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 04:35:11 pm »

I have same issue too - Panel is very slow. Takes roughly 45 seconds to populate a single page of albums. Its been like that ever since it was first introduced in MC 23. I never use it as a result - except to check if it has got any faster. Recent changes in panel have added functionality but still painfully slow.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 04:45:57 pm »

How many albums per page?

Mine is set to 200 in Panel's settings.  It takes 6 seconds on a moderately fast laptop.

We intend to work on this.

Dmytro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 08:26:06 pm »

The same thing, 200 album covers take around 35-40 seconds to load (depending on the browser). It seems that it's file count which takes most of the time. After the file count is displayed, the thumbnails are shown within a few seconds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up