INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center 20 : No actual video acceleration with Geforce GTX 1050 Ti  (Read 2478 times)

triskadekaphobic

• Junior Woodchuck

I have windows 7 and Geforce GTX 1050 Ti as video card.

I'm playing a 4K video with VLC player and video looks superb.

I play the same video with Media center 20 and I see horrible video performance and CPU is at 100%.

"Hardware accelerate video decoding when possible" is checked of course but there is no difference between checking or un-checking this setting.

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe

Have you tried updating your version of MadVR? I think I did that on MC23 to get UHD running. There's instructions on how to do it if you search.

RD James

You will have to download and install the latest LAV Filters, and configure Media Center to use it.
Using the DXVA2 Copy-Back decoder is recommended.

Essentially follow the steps here, but replace step 1 with installing the latest version of LAV Filters on the PC, since the issue here is likely that the version included with MC20 is too old.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115826.msg800824.html#msg800824

triskadekaphobic

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi,

I put the latest and greatest LAV files under plugins and successfully registered LAVVideo.ax
When reaching stage 3, I was not able to add the LAV decoder.
Note the attached screenshot. This is all I was able to add.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You might read the wiki topic on Red October.

RD James

Sorry I may not have been clear: use the regular LAV Filters installer, and install it to the default location, skipping step 1.
You need 32-bit if you are using MC20.
This will register it system-wide and it should then be available in Media Center after restarting the application.

Don't try to put anything in the MC plugins directory, as MC may overwrite it.
The reason that I suggested registering MC's installation of LAV Filters in the other topic is so that MC could manage updates for it - and that only applies if you're using the latest version of MC.

triskadekaphobic

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks RD James. Much better now  :)
Now when configuring the properties of LAV video decoder, if I set hardware decoder to D3D11 I'm not able to set my Geforce GTX 1050 Ti as hardware device as stated in the guide. What I did instead is to choose NVIDIA CUVID as hardware decoder and this enabled me to choose Geforce GTX 1050 Ti as hardware device. 4k Video quality is now superb  :)
Any reason not to set NVIDIA CUVID as hardware decoder ?

triskadekaphobic

• Junior Woodchuck

Anyone ?

RD James

DXVA2 Copy-Back is recommended.
I'm glad to hear that you've got this working now.

triskadekaphobic

• Junior Woodchuck

Yep !  DXVA2 Copy-Back indeed gave a more stable video !  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up