INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem moving "imported playlists" from V23 to V24  (Read 1870 times)

Dean Wyler

• Recent member
Problem moving "imported playlists" from V23 to V24
« on: May 16, 2018, 07:09:50 pm »

Hi, I've been unable to move my "imported playlists from V23 to V24. I'm on a mac platform.  I downloaded version 24 and did scans to bring my music files over to V24.  Looks like it was successful over several days and attempts.   However, the "Imported playlists" in V23 did not show up in V24.  This is serious for me.  These were originally imported from iTunes and I categorize my music into about 60 different playlists. This is critical to how I listen to my music.     How can I get these playlists migrated from 23 to 24?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Problem moving "imported playlists" from V23 to V24
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 07:17:58 pm »

You can try backing up in MC23 and restoring in MC24.  Start at the File Menu.

But imported lists should show up other places under Playlists.

Dean Wyler

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:42:29 pm »

Thanks Jim,
I'm starting with your comment "...lists should show up other places under Playlists."  In MC 23 I've only got them under Imported Playlists.  I just copied them and moved them straight under playlists (as well as under subfolder: "Imported playlists.  I then ran a scan on MC 24 running a scan to see if they showed up. They didn't.  I see I can export the playlists into files such as M3U etc.   I could export them into a special file and then have MC 24 scan that specific file.

I'm not sure I fully understand your first comment: "You can try backing up in MC23 and restoring in MC24.  Start at the File Menu." 
My music files are in a library.  Not "in" MC23 \]right?   So i'm not sure what you mean by backing up in MC23 and retiring in MC 24?  I'm just a little confused with this one.
I have a large library which I constantly back up onto Carbonite (very slow and error prone) as well as onto separate hard drives that I rotate out for safe keeping.

Thanks for your help.  I'll try exporting some playlists from MC 23  to a specific file and then try to scan that file from MC 24.  I'll let you know how it goes.'''

Dean Wyler

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:50:28 pm »

Hi Jim,
Moving them to a special file as an M3U file then scanning that file with MC 24 did the trick.   
Thanks ! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up