INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound slipping at medium and high volume in mc 24 64 bits dac S.M.S.L M8  (Read 1614 times)

josh333

• Recent member

Hello, I expose my problem, since the 64-bit version came out the sound in dsd is slipping at high volume and less low frequency and in no way on the 32-bit version, everything is configured in the same way.

I read dsd in native dsf and my asio driver is set to reliable streaming and finally auto mode finally completely normal.

I have this problem since mc 23 so the first 64-bit version, first of all you have this problem, otherwise I will stay with the 32-bit version I do not encounter problems there.

My configuration: ryzen 1700, msi rx vega 56 air boost, msi motherboard b350m mortar, corsair vengeance 3000 mhz c15.

Thank you for answering if there is a solution :) I use google translate.  I'm french canadian and i dont speak english viva google translate lol :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Check your settings.  They may be different.

Try something other than ASIO.  WASAPI, for example.

josh333

• Recent member

My knowledge is higher than that, my settings have always been the same and I know they must be given to each installation. I had to do it with each update from mc23 to mc24 and I always had the same problem with each reinstall the sound loses its power to medium and high volume with the same setting in 32 as in 64 bits and I meet this just problem in 64 bits. Thank you !

josh333

• Recent member

My music files are all in dsf by the way, if I change the setting I can not read my dsf in native default on this player, by the way and I'm not in dop I'm on file in dsd 128!

josh333

• Recent member

I'm in a hurry to listen to music precisely in bitstream dsd just the sound is amazing it's really just with the 64-bit version that I have problems!

josh333

• Recent member

And my sound system is a dac SMSL M8 a receiver Sansui 4000 in perfect condition and speakers Monitors Audio Silver 6 if it can have any impact.

josh333

• Recent member

I buy JRiver at the same time as my SMSL M8 dac and everything works with the 32-bit version. So I will not convert all my files to pcm, if the first reason that I bought your software is to read from dsf to bitstream :)

JimH

• Administrator

Did you try WASAPI?

dtc

• MC Beta Team

Did you try WASAPI?

WASAPI does not support native DSD.  It does support DoP depending on how the DAC handles DoP.

JimH

• Administrator

I believe WASAPI will support DSD.  Someone else could confirm that.

You could try bitstreaming.

Make sure you're not using any DSP.  Tools > Player > DSP Studio.

Did the ASIO driver come from the manufacturer?  Is it the one they recommend?

dtc

• MC Beta Team

I believe WASAPI will support DSD.  Someone else could confirm that.

You could try bitstreaming.

Make sure you're not using any DSP.  Tools > Player > DSP Studio.

Did the ASIO driver come from the manufacturer?  Is it the one they recommend?

WASAPI supports DoP, which is DSD over PCM. It does not support native DSD sample rates.  To do DSD you have to use bitstreaming.

josh333

• Recent member

My problem is not in these cases, I know that everything works, even the wasapi works in dop, as much as the asio. The sound with JRiver in 32 bits does not collapse while in 64 bit yes. Just tell me why? , both version works it's just who has one that works less well than the other. Thank you !

josh333

• Recent member

I find the answer myself the 32 bit version has a higher lvl gain and the 64 bit version has a lower gain level on the 64 bit version I just had to raise my lvl gain higher and I have more problem. Thank you !

josh333

• Recent member

And yes I have a gain level on my amp that I have to adjust almost to the minimum to have more play with my main volume. I did not think it could have an impact. Sorry :(

josh333

• Recent member

So I'm going to stay on the 32-bit version I'm expecting you to change the gain lvl to the same level as the 32-bit version in the 64-bit version because the lacitude in the master volume is more important than the performance of the player for me !

josh333

• Recent member

Just to be sure which button I'm talking about, it's the level adjust button and the reason is simple, that I put it to a minimum. I can turn bcp longer before the volume is strong.

dtc

• MC Beta Team

An interesting issue that may not be a problem with MC. Unlike PCM, DSD cannot be easily adjusted for volume. The computation to change the volume of a DSD signal is just too complex to be done easily, especially in real time. In addition, MC "bitstreams" DSD signals, which means it does absolutely no alternations to the data.  Thus, it is hard to see how MC could be changing the volume in different versions.

It looks like there are both 32 and 64 bit drivers for your DAC. Are you sure that the right one is being used for each version of MC?

Do you have access to another DSD DAC that you could try with MC?

As I said, it is hard to understand how MC could be changing the volume of the DSD stream.

josh333

• Recent member

Sorry, it's a 64 bit driver it is in my normal program file not written 32 bits after. So it's a mystery that the 64-bit version does not work that badly, it's just that the more I get the sound less low frequency. I can increase the volume of my amps Sansui 4000 to more than half, that's what is not normal and without any sensation, and that's not normal at all. I do not encounter this problem with the 32bits version. It's bizarre as a problem I admit, do your research I'll do mine :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up