INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 BubbleUPnP Chromecast Issues  (Read 1498 times)

prevaljo

• Recent member
MC24 BubbleUPnP Chromecast Issues
« on: May 24, 2018, 10:55:15 pm »

I've been running MC on a Win 7 desktop for a number of years.  When the original Chromecast audio was released I bought one.  After a struggle (my ignorance) I got it to work using a BubbleUPnP server (currently using 0.9-update30) on the Win7 Desktop.  It has always been temperamental requiring desktop restarts, BubbleUPnP server restarts and router restarts. 

Currently, none of my old solutions are working..  After a clean restart of everything MC24 (64 bit) will play an audio track for about 30 secs to the Chromecast, it then stops, after another 30 or so seconds the Chromecast DLNA renderer disappears from the Overview view.  This process can be repeated by shutting down everything and starting again.

Any clues.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC24 BubbleUPnP Chromecast Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 07:05:11 am »

I used a Chromecast for a while a year or so ago and had a similar experience.  I could get it to work again by powering it off and back on.

What is your objective?  Maybe there's another way.

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 08:00:00 am »

I used a CCA to feed an ancient boombox through its analog input, and experienced the same frustrations - after plugging it in I would have to restart Bubble, and sometimes MC before it would be visible to JRemote. And even then it wasn't able to do gapless playback. When the boombox died I replaced it with a modern DLNA device, which works so well with MC that I regret not having done it sooner. I put the CCA in a drawer.

Although I have struggled against streaming, earlier this year I tried both Spotify and Google Play "free premium preview" offers. The DLNA device has an optical in, as does the DAC in my main system. The CCA's 3.5mm output is both analog and digital, so I connected it to the optical input on my DAC. It works brilliantly, and gaplessly. In fact, it works so well that I bought a second CCA so I can leave one connected to the main DAC and the other connected to the DLNA device. The device has Spotify's client built in, but I chose Google Play, so I do need the CCA in order to stream to it.

Well, this is a long way to say that Jim's recommendation to explore alternatives is worth considering.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:20:24 am »

My Chromecast Audio works fine most of the time using BubbleUPnP. I think I have had to reboot it once in the last 6 months. It is a fairly new version.

You might try a factory reset and a new setup. That should also insure you have the current firmware version.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7124014?hl=en

prevaljo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 05:47:55 am »

I'm using an old Sony mini system as the audio end.  In its day it was a good system.  The CCA replaced a dedicated audio server and allowed my to centralise and manage my music through JRiver (I used to use MusicMatch).  I'm not in the market currently for a new media server so I guess I'll just soldier on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up