INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to start playback on all zones on startup?  (Read 689 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Is it possible to start playback on all zones on startup?
« on: May 25, 2018, 10:32:00 am »

Simple as that. If I set MC to play on startup, it only plays in the active zone. I would like all zones to start playback on startup.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: Is it possible to start playback on all zones on startup?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 04:06:40 pm »

Thanks, Jim! But I am going to use this on an MC23, which is going to play a one hour long file with an 8 Hz tone (which none of my speakers can play) in a loop as long as the computer is up. I won't use 24, which is my actual playback program because it means I'll have to double the number of zones and that's messy in J.Remote.

I have found that's the only way to stop VirtualBox (I've tried VMWare too) from hijacking the audio cards for any of my 12 zones and block them for any other playback. No idea why it happens, but it was driving me nuts, I had to shut down all Windows virtual machines (I have a few for different chores in automation and so on) and start playback and then boot the virtual machines up again to be able to play anything. But continous play actually seems to prevent this. I'll just have to do it with the TCP/IP system, then.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up