INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless in DLNA  (Read 3461 times)

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
Gapless in DLNA
« on: May 26, 2018, 04:19:20 pm »

I had problems with gapless in DLNA playback to an ultraRendu, and I found that disabling the option below fixes it.
Under Playing Now right-click urendu => DLNA Controller Options => uncheck Disable SetNext Support.

But if I power cycle my ultraRendu, JRiver turns this option back on.

Is there a way to prevent JRiver from automatically changing this option?
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000
3. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP
4. TempoTec Sonata E44 - Audeze LCDi3
5. Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
Re: Gapless in DLNA
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:55:11 am »

Anyone?
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 11:00:06 am »

It may not correctly support Setnext.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 04:54:49 am »

I also have a device that behaves unpredictably with this option "disable SetNext." The device is a piCoreplayer on the Raspberry Pi.

SetNext works and is supported by the device. But JRiver MC periodically turns on Disable SetNext. Clicking this off and the gapless playback works again. I've been trouble shooting this for a while, and I can't figure out the cause.

Would it be possible to have an option to Disable "Disable SetNext"? Or, a MCWS toggle for this option?

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:17 am »

So this is not a ultraRendu specific issue, but apparently affects more DLNA rendereres.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 12:34:20 pm »

When MC gets an error from the device trying to use SetNext, it disables it in the options settings automatically.
I think I'm going to change that so that it only disables it for the current running session (or perhaps playlist).

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 01:18:19 pm »

When MC gets an error from the device trying to use SetNext, it disables it in the options settings automatically.
I think I'm going to change that so that it only disables it for the current running session (or perhaps playlist).

In my case, my server is running JRiver 24/7 and I switch my DLNA renderer on/off whenever I want to use.
If you disable the SetNext for the current session, I still will need to re-enable it on JRiver every time I power it on.
I suppose current playlist is more useful for my use case.
Thanks! :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 02:10:02 pm »

In my case, my server is running JRiver 24/7 and I switch my DLNA renderer on/off whenever I want to use.
If you disable the SetNext for the current session, I still will need to re-enable it on JRiver every time I power it on.
I suppose current playlist is more useful for my use case.
Thanks! :)
I changed it so that it's only automatically disabled if the renderer explicitly reports it's not implemented.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 01:17:22 am »

I changed it so that it's only automatically disabled if the renderer explicitly reports it's not implemented.

That’s the way to go. I would also think about tweaking MC’s “Formats to Convert” depending on what the device says in GetProtocolInfo. And then you would have an almost self configuring setup..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 08:54:26 am »

That’s the way to go. I would also think about tweaking MC’s “Formats to Convert” depending on what the device says in GetProtocolInfo. And then you would have an almost self configuring setup..
True that.
However it doesn't fit too well into how things are currently being done in MC since it would need to be tracked by zone somehow and the decision is currently being made on the server side when the file is served.
It's becoming less of an issue as time goes on though.
I recently bought a 32" Samsung smart TV and it plays everything I throw at it without conversion.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 09:20:21 pm »

Thank you Bob

fritsveer

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 03:05:21 pm »

I had problems with gapless in DLNA playback to an ultraRendu, and I found that disabling the option below fixes it.
Under Playing Now right-click urendu => DLNA Controller Options => uncheck Disable SetNext Support.

Thanks!!
for a strange reason, I lost gapless playback via my DLNA (using superunits). This fixed the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up