INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 24 Panel  (Read 834 times)

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 24 Panel
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:25:17 pm »

I have a single playlist that I shuffle, it contains about 35,000 tracks. I have a distributed audio system. I use the list in panel from whatever room (or rooms I have turned on) Each room has either a PC or thin client that I display the list on. The album coverart changes with each track but the actual list does not. Maybe this feature already exists and I don't know about it or maybe it can be added, but can the list be configured to dynamically show which track is playing or maybe artist title could be added like below the coverart. I find I am constantly trying to keep scrolling to keep the list current. Is there another way I can do this

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 24 Panel
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 01:44:35 am »

It does not exist but JRiver staff is working on it if I remember correctly.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 02:26:50 pm »

Thanks! I hope they are working on it. I have been with MC since MC11. Was Gizmo removed from MC 24, that is what I used to use. if Gizmo is still valid, then I need to figure out why it does not work

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 02:38:37 pm »

Ok, so I just tried something I went to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52199/gizmo/#/playing I get a blank screen, if I go to setting and select the zone and then select list. I get almost the same screen as in Panel, no coverart but in the lower right there is Title and Artist along with the controls. I am a happy camper, the combination of being retired (old) and too many tracks nothing is worse than not being able to remember who or what I am listening too :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 03:45:29 pm »

Thanks! I hope they are working on it. I have been with MC since MC11. Was Gizmo removed from MC 24, that is what I used to use. if Gizmo is still valid, then I need to figure out why it does not work
Panel has replaced WebGizmo.  Gizmo, the Android app, is still available.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »

Thanks for the info. I know I am old school and I guess the operative here is old. I have an android phone and I use it to make calls. I don't stream or control anything with my phone. My old school technology still works and no need to change. I know the world has left me behind, but retiring from 40 years of technology (I started with mainframes), time to get out of the latest greatest. MC is the greatest media app out there, hopefully MC doesn't progress to the point of not doing the simple things.

Thanks for a great product
Pages: [1]   Go Up