INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using JRiver with Oppo 103 - Is it possible?  (Read 2273 times)

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
Using JRiver with Oppo 103 - Is it possible?
« on: May 31, 2018, 08:21:16 pm »

I connected my Macbook to the Oppo 103 Blu-ray player using a USB-A cable (these are hard-to-find!) but it doesn’t seem to work and instead plays the music through the little pinhole speakers in the MacBook Pro. Am I trying to do something that is not possible? Maybe I will have to transfer my music to an external SSD drive (Samsung T5) and use that instead.

update: Well it looks like I can use the Network feature on the Oppo 103 to play files (FLAC up to 96khz and DSD64) from my Windows computer. Doesn’t work with the Mac unfortunately.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using JRiver with Oppo 103 - Is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 10:05:26 pm »

Did you select the device in audio setup?  The wiki has a topic on Audio Setup.

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 04:06:05 pm »

Device wasn't listed and the next day the Oppo quit picking up the network devices too. I'm going to go with an external SSD drive (Samsung T5) and see how that works out rather than using JRiver.

MikeBRG

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 11:28:54 am »

Hi Cupboy

I am a 105D user and have compared the manuals. I think you are correct that it is not going to work, even with a Mac USB connection. The Oppo USB-A connections will only take hard drive or thumb drive inputs, from Windows formatted drives.
You can use the network connection but I have not tried it with a Mac.
The 105D has an extra USB-B connection and this will accept a Mac digital USB signal, including 2 channel DSD etc. The USB-A connections are like yours - hard drive only - but they will handle 5 channel DSD!
The 105 and probably the 205 make good partners for Media Centre - shame the Oppo players are no longer going to be around.  :(

Mike B

cupboy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 03:07:49 pm »

Yep, the OPPO Blu-ray players are overwith. They were going to make a few more of the 205 but apparently that didn't work out and it has been deleted from their website. Nothing left on the site except for headphones and a wi-fi speaker.

The OPPO 103 would not allow me to connect to the Mac. I purchased a Samsung SSD T5 so will just put the music on that which should take quite some time just to organize it all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up